Front Office Supervisor - InterContinental Hotel Dubai Festival City
Full job details
The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) properties in Dubai Festival City consist of three hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites. In addition to over 1000 bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of -the-art gymnasium facilities, and swimming pool facilities. Between the three properties, over 1200 colleagues are committed to maintaining the highest standards of luxury, quality and service which define the company. IHG values the passion and enthusiasm of its colleagues, and encourages them to share their passion when they come to work.
We've got an exciting opportunity to join the Front Office team as Front Office Supervisor at InterContinental Hotel Dubai Festival City. By bringing your energy, expertise and passion for service to our team, you will help us to continue to achieve our goal of creating a great hotel guests love.
Key responsibilities of the role include
· Supervise all Front Desk operations including arrival experience
· Ensure all Guest Service Agents are completing their duties to IHG standards and following operating procedures
· Maintain excellent knowledge of VIP, group and individual guests
· Oversee the achievement of team up selling targets
· Conduct daily team briefings
· Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up
· Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in accordance with established guidelines
· Ensure staff are properly trained including service expectations, hotel facilities and services, local directions, property management and reservations systems, safety and emergency procedures, etc.
· Assists in scheduling staff according to labor standards and forecasts occupancy; assigns daily work tasks to employees
· Ensures adherence to procedures for hotel accounting, credit control, handling of financial transactions, securities of monies, guest security and emergency procedures as established
· Promote hotel services, facilities and outlets; provide guests with information such as local attractions and directions to increase guest satisfaction
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
· Friendly and hospitality focused
· 1-2 years Front Desk experience including some supervisory experience
· Ability to handle pressure and varied work loads
· Candidates must be highly organized, adaptable, excellent time
management and have excellent interpersonal skills
· Computer aptitude with a fluency in reading, writing and speaking English
· Availability to work a 7 day, 24 hour rotating roster
In return we'll give you a competitive tax-free financial and benefits package, hotel discounts worldwide and the chance to work with a great team of people.
You’ll join a team passionate about delivering memorable experiences that make our guests feel special, making InterContinental Hotels Dubai Festival City a great place to work. Most importantly, we’ll give you Room to be yourself
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please look at www.ihg.com/careers
We are an equal opportunities employer.