Located at the East Crescent of Palm Jumeirah, MGallery by Sofitel the Palm is envisioned as the first holistic health and wellness resort in the UAE. The seven-story property features 254 rooms and suites with sophisticated fixtures and first-rate amenities, of ultra-comfort and indulgence during the stay.
With its distinctive concept, we offers just not spa and beauty treatments, but various wellbeing and lifestyle packages, from proper diet & nutrition, fitness classes & health treatments, and would host certified nutritionist and wellness coach for the programs such weight loss, both for kids and adult. Fitness classes planned will include yoga, tai chi, pilates, and aerobics.
Healthy concept extends to our food and beverage offers too and will serve meals and drinks that are from fresh organic ingredients, complete with live cooking stations and a fresh juice bar and the dining options will range from low calorie and gluten-free foods, as well as vegan and vegetarian meals.
Furthermore, the hotel boasts easy access to various dining and shopping venues and to an array of attractions for families and adventure-seeking individuals. Some popular fun-filled and adrenaline-pumping activities in Palm Jumeirah include water skiing, wind surfing, wakeboarding, fishing and boat trips, and even sky diving.
At our Hotel, the Purchasing Officer will report to the Purchasing Manager to ensure strategic supplier relations for the most economic and time effective procurement process. This would include leading cross-functional efforts to reducing cost, standardizing materials procurements and adapting supplier technologies.
Accountability of the role will include,
- Purchasing according to the required time scale based on lead-time required for supply. Purchases of stock and non-stocks good and services.
- Selection of hotel suppliers on various quality approved and level of service and pricing.
- Examines and analyzes departmental purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information; contacts department or initiator to clarify for complete information.
- Assisting all the Store and Senior Managers sourcing the goods and services. Liaise with Executive Chef with day today purchase of perishable goods.
- Clearing imported goods from the customs authority with necessary required documents.
- Ensure all the good and service required by the hotel bring with proper approved purchase request and purchase order.
- Suppliers follow up for undelivered goods based on LPOs.
- Keeps updated with the latest industry trends and new product in the market. HR Responsibilities:
- Attends all hotel trainings as required.
- Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
- Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
- Support the Department & Team including the maintenance of HACCP, Hygiene & Health Safety Standard
- Calculate the savings from cost effective purchasing by a constant price comparison and unambiguous proof of the above
- Periodically conduct market survey and give recommendations for improving the standards of materials, equipment, methods and services in cooperation with the heads of departments
Excellent remuneration including accommodation, meals, transportation, medical insurance, paid vacations, travel benefits and relevant expat benefits in line with the Industrial standards and the governing Laws of the United Arab Emirates.
If you are passionate about being hospitality professional whose career aspiration is to grow within a challenging environment that is customer focused, creates cutting edge career opportunities and prides being associated with a highly motivated and talented multicultural employees, you have them all with us!