Guest Relation Officer
Responsibilities and Obligations:
- Implements the duties and responsibilities of the Guest Relations department according to the Hotel's policies and procedures in order to achieve customer satisfaction and to preserve the Hotel's quality standards.
- Ensures the guest receives the adequate services as per the original request and that concerned departments are aware of any necessary requirements.
- Ensures those known repeated guests and other VIP’s receive special attention and recognition.
- Handles effectively all guest complaints and convert the guest into a repeated customer.
- Fulfils all shift tasks list such as preparing pre-registration cards, personal welcome letters, VIP guest amenities, special wishes and needs requested in advance, transfers and airport pick-ups, flight ticket confirmation…
- Co-ordinates proper actions with other departments and informs Guest Services Manager accordingly.
- Monitors maintenance requests and regularly inspects guest rooms, corridors, lobby, public toilets, etc. to ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness.
- Ensures the Guest Relations areas are maintained in excellent condition and cleanliness.
- Follows up with the different concerned department in order to deliver the correct service on due time as per the Bavaria Hotels International policies and procedures.
- Develops effective relationships with guests in order to create optimal business opportunities for the hotel.
- Calls on regular basis guests in house and develops on going guest contacts through seasons greetings, birthdays, special events and activities.
- Works closely with the Housekeeping department to turn rooms around with a minimum of lost time and to allocate arriving guests to accommodation.
- Maintains a close coordination with other departments such as Front Office, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Sales and Engineering.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of the hotel and local services, supplies information and responds to guest queries.
- Keeps an updated guest profiles through the guest profile system.
- Deals promptly, efficiently and pleasantly with any queries.
- Applies the standards of appearance and hygiene on all staff.
- Blocks rooms and communicates with F & B for VIP treatments following the standard procedure.
- Ensures groups are met and checked-in with welcome drinks and hand towels etc.
- Compiles and sends to the limousine company a list of all guests with a transportation requests to / from the hotel.
- Maintains awareness of sales opportunities, maximizes revenue, meets and exceeds guest expectations.
- Promotes inter-hotel sales and in-house facilities.
- Establishes, promotes and maintains good public relations and enhances sales for the hotel at every opportunity.
- Passes sales leads to the Sales Department.
- Knows and uses the company marketing programs and be fluent in the use of these programs.
- Knows the operational use and available facilities of the PMS.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the Hotel’s emergency procedures.
- Co-operates in the performance of any reasonable task requested by the management.
- Adheres to all hotel policies and procedures.
- Good command of English and 2 other languages
- 3 years experience in 5 star hotels
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Fildelio or similar PMS
Security, Safety and Health
- Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy.
- Reports any suspicious behaviour of guests and staff to the General Manager and Security.
- Notifies housekeeper regarding lost and found objects.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately.
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
- Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and notifies the Manager.
- Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
Interrelations: Liaises with all departments to ensure smooth operation and develops effective relationships with guests.
Work Conditions: Regular hours with extra times occasionally.