Head Chef (Spanish National)
Competitive salary available
Full job details
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski’s most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
Within the heart of Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates, Salero Tapas & Bodega is one of the most authentic and unique Spanish culinary and beverage experiences in town. As it's name implies, Salero - Tapas & Bodega is an affair of Spanish gastronomy that exudes flair and elegance, complete with a charming ambiance that befits its casual and accommodating character. This distinctive tapas and bodega fuses traditional food-sharing platters with a modern sommelier twist, to offer visitors inimitably genuine and unforgettable Spanish dining.
Do you have what it takes to be a part of this team of professionals?
The Head Chef assists the Executive Sous Chef/Executive Chef, in the supervision of kitchen production and to participate in the food production. Ensures that the function provides the highest food quality consistent with cost control and profitability margins; hence maximize guest satisfaction and food profitability. All work is carried out in line with the hotel’s guidelines, the departmental business plan, and Kempinski Hotels, corporate guidelines and service concepts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the highest food quality appropriate to the market by assisting the Executive Sous Chef in all areas of kitchen operations
- Supervises the proper set-up of each item on menus and insures their readiness
- Assists in budgetary and payroll expense control as required
- Works closely with Chefs to ensure correct preparation and delivery times are kept and food quality is maintained
- Encourages the Sous Chefs to be creative and innovative upon introducing new food items and to ensure that the kitchen production line flow operate well.
- Encourages creativity and input among the kitchen Outlet Teams.
- Continuously seek ways to assist the outlets sous chefs to maximize their revenues and profits.
- Monitor and analyze the activities and menus of competitive restaurants, bars, event venues and other hotel's banqueting departments.
- Ensure that all Outlet kitchen Management Teams are fully aware of market needs and trends and that their products are innovative.
- Minimum of up to 4 years experience in the kitchen of a five star hotel in a similar capacity
- Extensive knowledge in Tapas Menu and other Spanish Cuisine
- Middle East experience is an advantage but not essential
If you are being considered for this position, you will receive an invitation from us within 30 days