Director of Sales - Luxury Hotel - Gateway City - Africa
- Salary: Up to US$66,000 Net of tax + Accommodation + International medical cover + Annual economy flight home + Performance based bonus scheme
- Location: Key city in Africa
- Background: Sales experience in properties with over 300 rooms and offer strong focus on business development from Corporate, Group and MICE segments
Our client is a leading internationally branded luxury hotel operating in a very competitive gateway city in Africa. To compliment and direct the Hotel’s sales operations, we are now looking for a Director of Sales who has extensive experience in developing business strategies to enhance the company's overall sales in all rooms based segments as well as all other revenue producing departments of the Hotel.
- Role would suit an entrepreneurial go-getter with good all round skills but must possess a totally sales oriented focus
- At least 3-4 years related experience in a senior Sales role within the Sales & Marketing department of a five star internationally brand Hotel.
- Must have sales experience in properties with over 300 rooms
- Must be extremely strong in the Corporate, Group and MICE segments
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management or related discipline with specialisation in Sales and/or Marketing
- Prior African continent experience is an advantage but not a pre-requisite
- This role is a dedicated sales role and the successful candidate must be extremely sales driven, skilled in all the latest sales tools including social media
- Financially astute and comfortable formulating detailed budgets and sales plans
- Must be comfortable dealing with high-end government delegations, embassies, CEOs and Corporate officers
- Must be strategic in their thinking and implement effective sales plans to bring new business to the Hotel whilst at the same time nurturing and developing the current client base.
- Able to manage a small team and work independently as well
- Background must show stability in prior positions
- Demonstrated ability to interact with clients, fellow employees and third parties
- Must be proactive in the market place with the ability to recognise new trends and react swiftly and effectively
- Outstanding communication skills are required with a thorough knowledge of written and spoken English – a second European language would be a definite asset
If the above sounds like your ideal job, please send a detailed CV and recent photograph via the link below. For a confidential discussion, please consult Stuart Chase on email@example.com