Pub Manager - Irish
Attractive salary + benefits
Full job details
Provide friendly and courteous service in the preparation of beverages to guests and in accordance with beverage standards and procedures whilst taking a leading role in salesmanship and beverage creativity.
1.Deliver F&B service in accordance with departmental standards and procedures.
2.Develop departmental standards and procedures to promote salesmanship, beverage creativity and profit.
3.Interacts with guests in each of the outlets to solicit comments.
4.Communicates with F&B management any difficulties, guest comments and other relevant information.
5.To demonstrate the 12-Service Excellence Basics and ensure the whole of the Pub/Bar team continually follows the same.
6.Carries out effective beverage service by ensuring:
Beverages are up-sold and regularly replenished, abiding by responsible alcohol service regulations
- Converse with guests about wine, advising the types and styles of wine, taking wine orders and serving wine
- Promoting and selling cocktails to guests
- Making and presenting cocktails
- Coffee and tea is served hot and in accordance with standards
7.Coordinates with the Purchasing Manager for special purchasing relating to the Bars.
8.Patron care standards are adhered to by ensuring:
- Guests are advised on alcoholic beverages
- The strengths of alcohol is advised and guests are advised as to their effect
- Compliance with legal provisions of local liquor codes
- Level of intoxication of guests is assessed and appropriate action taken
9.Cellar operations are carried out including:
- Correct use of refrigeration system
- Effective operation of the post-mix syrups bulk dispense system
- Operating the beer reticulation system
- Adhering to stock control procedures
10.Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints.
11.Requisition bar items according to bar stocks.
12.Complete spillage report and submit to Food & Beverage Manager at the conclusion of each shift.
13.Assist the Food & Beverage Manager to source and review bar musicians.
14.Carries out effective service by ensuring all colleagues are aware of their role in:
- Greeting and seating guests
- Explaining and up-selling daily beverage specials
- Processing beverage orders accurately
- Quickly taking beverage orders
- Ensuring payment methods are handled accurately
- Ensuring working areas are cleaned and re-set quickly
- Ensuring the bar is clean
- Conversing with guests in relation to the food and beverage products
15.Obtains all information available for upcoming year (occupancy, forecast, trends, reservations, festive periods, etc.)
16.To create promotions and events for the bar / pub and drive the planning, marketing and execution of the same.
17.Keeps updated with new products in the market.
18.Plans colleague schedules according to forecasted revenue.
19.Provides performance evaluations regarding colleague probation periods, annual performance reviews, promotion or transfer consideration and salary reviews.
20.Regularly solicits feedback from supervisors on colleague performance as well as making personal observations.
21.Establishes comprehensive training programmes for the Pub/Bar.
22.Evaluates departmental training sessions.
23.Personally conducts training for all Pub/ Bar colleagues.
24.Attends all hotel trainings as required.
25.Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
26.Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
27.Ensures proper and adequate controls are in place specifically over purchase orders and requisitions.
28.Monitors monthly food and beverage inventory turnover.
29.To achieve the revenue and profitability budget for the outlet.
30.Prepares P&L analysis of all upcoming promotions.
31.To ensure that purchasing, receiving and all storage are efficiently handled and that the goods purchased conform to the company’s specification.
32.Review and analyze monthly Profit and Loss statement with the Director of Food & Beverage/Food & Beverage Manager.
33.Reviews food and beverage cost analysis on a daily basis to ensure costs are in line with budgeted and forecasted figures.
34.Check and analyse daily covers, average check and sale. General Responsibilities:
35.Attends all required management meetings.
36.Conducts daily briefing which will include:
- Important hotel / division / section information
- Emphasised current priorities, new problems, services and product
- Daily guest feedback
- Banquet daily events of the day
- Ensures each Outlet also conducts briefing at the start of each shift
37.Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained of all colleagues within the F&B Department.
38.Ensures that the hotel FSMS Program is strictly implemented, including the cleanliness of all restaurants and bars, personal hygiene standards for all food handlers and monthly Hygiene Audits. (Please refer to HACCP Hygiene and Sanitation.)
39.Strictly adheres to the hotel’s Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
40.To ensure self and all F&B department colleagues actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
41.To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Director of Food & Beverage/Food & Beverage Manager
Knowledge & Language Essential Desirable/Preferable
Good Working Knowledge of Food & Beverage
Good Working Knowledge of “Flaring”
Good Working Knowledge of Cost Management
Good Working Knowledge of F&B Promotions Planning and Marketing
Advanced Spoken and Written English
Education Essential Desirable/Preferable
High School Graduate
Certificate/Diploma in Hospitality/F&B Management
Industry Based Certifications
Experience Essential Desirable/Preferable
Minimum of 4-Years Experience in a Similar Capacity Within 3 or 4 Star Hotels
Minimum of 2-Years Experience in a Similar Capacity Within 5 Star Hotels
Previous Experience Working Within Hotels in the UAE