Successful candidates must demonstrate the following competencies:
1) 1 year experience as a Housekeeping Attendant, in a 4 though preferably a 5 star hotel.
2) Has the ability to communicate effectively in English, Arabic knowledge is an advantage.
3) Has strong will to work very flexible working hours and has the ability to work under pressure.
4) Must have basic knowledge about cleaning, chemicals and equipment usage.
ESSENTIAL JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Preparation of Cleaning kit, Trolley and Pantry in the pantry area.
- Cleans corridor and guest lift landing areas.
- Checks Discrepancy of guest rooms.
- Position trolley and equipment in order to clean the room.
- Entering the room as per standard.
- Draw curtains open in the guest room for lighting.
- Prepare the toilet for cleaning by flushing the toilet, use chemical as per standard on toilet bowl, wash basin, bath and shower area for soaking.
- Collect all rubbish and check for any lost and found items.
- Check and report maintenance and carry out a visual check on standards.
- Collect all china, glasses and ashtrays to the sink in the pantry for cleaning.
- Remove all soiled linen from bed and bathroom.
- Bring in clean linen and make the bed.
- Clean china, glasses and ashtrays and place back in location & In Apartment kitchen cleaning is also part of it.
- Clean the toilet bowl area, vanity area, tub and shower stall. Pay attention to walls, floors and tiles (Sauna and Steam rooms will be included for Royal suite).
- Replace bathroom linen and supplies.
- Clean bathroom floor.
- Clean room furnishings – damp dust- high and low inside and outside as per procedure.
- Clean mirrors and artwork.
- Clean windows of any smudges.
- Replenish guest room supplies.
- Vacuum bedroom and bathroom floors.
- Mop bedroom and bathroom floors.
- Carrying out a final check of the whole room.
- Report room as cleaned using hotel procedure, switch off lights and close door.
- Places DND slip under the doors for DND Rooms and Coordinates with Supervisor.
- Handles Lost and found.
- Disposes trash from pantries & follows recycle standards.
- Does turn down service.
- Restocks pantries, Trolley and cleans all the equipments at the end of shift.
- Follows hand over procedures of Key, mobiles, reports and guest preferences
Ensures that the housekeeping policies, systems, procedures and standards are followed on the floor.
Ensure safety and hygiene standards are followed on the floor.
Check all safety systems on a floor and ensure that any defect is reported to the floor supervisor in time.
Liaise with the housekeeping control desk for departure rooms that need to be cleaned for arrivals.
Liaise with the room service for the clearance of room service trays and trolleys from the service areas and they maintained clean and hygiene throughout the shift.
Check the serviceability of all floor equipment in the allocated section.
Reports all maintenance orders
If you have the competencies required for this role, apply here!