Assistant Outlet Manager - Gold on 27 - Burj Al Arab
Full job details
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues, in a world class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Designed to resemble a billowing sail, the Burj Al Arab soars to a height of 321 meters dominating the Dubai coastline. At night it offers an unforgettable sight surrounded by choreographed colour sculptures of water and fire. This all-suite hotel reflects the finest that the world has to offer.About the role
An exciting role has arisen for a highly motivated and hard working Assistant Outlet Manager for the Gold on 27 at the Burj Al Arab.
The main purpose of this role is to coordinate and control all activities in the department and keeps good relationship with all relevant department ensuring smooth operation.
Your key duties will include:
- Assist colleagues to serve, reset tables and if required with food pick up.
- Handle guest complaints as well as follow up tasks, reports and daily events.
- Planning for future events.
- Conduct departmental briefings and meetings.
- Assist the manager in all aspects of operation and administration.
- Implement, maintain and train colleagues on LQA standards.
- Developing and maintaining an elegantly appointed environment, with superior staff, dedicated to an attentive, distinctive experience.
- Being able to assist with hiring, training, supervising and discipline all outlet colleagues.
- Ensuring all events are smoothly operated
- Being able to anticipate, in advance, all materials and supplies and assure their availability.
- Control the usage of all food and beverage items and appropriate usage of equipment, tools and service equipment.
- Preparing colleague schedules, which allow for appropriate service while controlling labour costs and over time.
- Being able to communicate with the Manager, Chef, and F&B management to discuss menus, marketing strategies and guest feedbacks and concerns.
- Forecasting covers and revenues and then schedules accordingly
- Developing all colleagues for future advancement.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have gained a Bachelor Degree in Hospitality or equivalent. You will possess a minimum of 1 year experience as Assistant Outlet Manager in high-end international bar environment.
You will have good cocktail knowledge and strong beverage skills. Also you would have great communication, time management and organisational skills, as well as leadership skill and the capability to multitask with strong attention to detail. You will also be a team player, your interpersonal and customer service ability will be excellent.
Proficiency in computer software systems such as MS Office and Micros is essential as are excellent communication skills in written and spoken English. Addition of any other foreign languages like Russian, German, Arabic would be an advantage.