Full job details
Scope Of Work:
To support the Laundry Manager/ Senior Laundry Supervisor in all Laundry operations and distribute the daily assignments to the Laundry operators. Responsible for all the laundry functions in the absence of the Laundry Manager. To ensure the smooth running of the Laundry department.
1. Ensures that all Laundry colleagues perform their duties to the best of their abilities.
2. Reports any faulty equipment to the Engineering department immediately.
3. Knows how to operate all Laundry equipment and ensures Laundry colleagues know the same.
4. When handling guest laundry or dry cleaning makes sure that all Laundry Colleagues treat the items carefully to ensure guest satisfaction.
5. Tightly supervises quality control for in-house linens and uniforms.
6. Demonstrates the 12-Service Excellence Basicss and ensure the whole of the Laundry departments continually follows the same.
7. Keeps updated with new products in the market.
8. Provides feedback on performance to the Laundry Manager for the purpose of performance evaluations, probation periods, annual performance reviews, promotion or transfer consideration and salary reviews.
9. In conjunctions with the Laundry Manager establishes comprehensive training programmes for the department.
10. Evaluates departmental training sessions.
11. Personally conducts training for all Laundry colleagues as required.
12. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
13. Adheres to all HR and Hotel policies and procedures.
14. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
15. Controls the expenses according to the departmental plan.
16. Properly uses chemicals, the right amount, so cost can be controlled effectively.
17. Actively participates in energy saving and recycling initiatives and ensures all Laundry colleagues follow the same.
18. Attends departmental meetings and daily briefings as required.
19. Conducts daily briefings on behalf of or in the absence of the Laundry Manager.
20. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained for all colleagues within the Laundry department.
21. Strictly adheres to the hotel's Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
22. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Laundry Manager.
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & Friendly
Patient & Kind
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Good Working Knowledge of OPERA
Good Working Knowledge of Washing & Dry Cleaning Systems
Intermediate Spoken and Written English
Basic Working Knowledge of Laundry Hotel Classification Requirements
Basic Working Knowledge of EHS Management Systems
Advanced Spoken and Written English
High School Graduate
Certificate/Diploma in Hospitality Management
Minimum of 2-Years Experience in a Similar Capacity Within 3 or 4 Star Hotels
Minimum of 1-Year Experience in a Similar Capacity Within 5 Star Hotels