Sales Manager - Leisure
Attractive Salary + Benefits
Full job details
We are a luxury Hotel Chain based in Europe and have made a foray into the Dubai’s bustling business and shopping District of Business Bay and is our first flagship Hotel.
The Hotel blends cosmopolitan lifestyle and relaxation. This 5-star retreat features lively dining, leisure and entertainment choices and modern meeting facilities all of which are just a few steps away from the stunning blue waters of the Dubai Canal. Modern, chic and contemporary, this hotel features 367 well-equipped, modern and comfortable rooms and suites, all of which offer incredible views.
About the Role:
A role has arisen for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. The main purpose of this position is to actively contribute to the successful achievement of Hotel’s goals of High Standard Quality Guest Service.
Your key duties will include, but not limited to the following:
- To be totally familiar with hotel products, rates, and promotions at all times.
Maintain up to date understanding of company products and rates and involvement in cross selling of these when required.
- Be aware of the strengths and weaknesses of all competing hotel and restaurant products and provide weekly regular updates after visiting competition hotels allocated for tracking purposes.
- Provide ongoing market intelligence by monitoring business sources and segments.
- Represent hotel at trade fairs, functions and other related events as directed.
- Ensure that sales blitzes in the local city or outstation for the geographic area of responsibility are conducted timely and efficiently.
- Participate in hotel activities including promotions, sales blitzes, entertainment and other operational areas as directed.
- Penetrate and saturate prospective and existing customer organizations for effective multi department selling.
- Service needs of customers by attending to all requests promptly within 24 hours.
- Assist the DOSM in pursuing new market segments to secure sales and prepare proposals for consideration.
- Develop strong, secure and productive business relations with all companies within portfolio under the geographic / market segment allocated.
- Manage expenses of securing business, making it cost effective and within budget guidelines, i.e. travel, entertainment and use of material expenses.
- Positive communication of the hotel image to existing and potential customer at all times.
- Ensure that revenues and / or cost controls are maximized through proactive actions rather than reactive management.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have educated to degree-level or above in a relevant discipline with appropriate professional qualifications and up to date professional knowledge. You will possess 1+ years in a similar position in a 4* Or 5* property.
You will have a high degree of ‘emotional intelligence’, remaining rational and calm under pressure as well as open-minded and excited by cultural and professional diversity.
Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English is a must.
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes Basic + Accommodation + Transport + Meals + Laundry + Air Tickets + Medical Insurance.