Demi Chef de Partie - (Chinese Cuisine /Mandarin Speaking)
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Demi Chef de Partie ensures a successful link between the Chef de Partie and the area of responsibility. His/her primary role includes a professional, hands-on approach, which involves: leading, training, and demonstrating exemplary culinary skills and knowledge. He/she is directly responsible for all culinary aspects in the kitchen and staff including . Demi Chef de Partie is accountable for ensuring all NCL policies, procedures, and recipes are followed consistently. He/she is responsible for documenting and communicating with the Chef de Partie and/or the Executive Chef’s personal assistant in regards to variances, exceptions, and maintenance issues. Demi Chef de Partie is responsible to be prepared for additional culinary contingencies, which may occur within his/her outlet or in another outlet/venue.
• Provide leadership to area of responsibility
• Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
• Responsible for mise-en-place, and food service for production area
• Consistently checks food handling and storage procedures while training team members to do the same
• Assists Chef de Partie in documenting and maintaining a waste log to improve forecasting and production models
• Completes daily walk-thru upon arrival to outlet to ensure equipment is in good repair and outstanding safety and sanitation issues have been resolved
• Conducts daily walk-thru prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, rotation, and proper labeling of all food items, proper storage of all food items, proper removal/disposal of leftover item to crew mess, buffets, etc.
• Actively participates in daily focus meetings with team members to ensure communication and daily expectations
• Maintain USPH/FDA standards for outlet
• Assists Chef de Partie in adhering to budget constraints in regards, to labor, product, and equipment
• Assists Chef de Partie by completing and delivering of all reports, documents, and other items requested by supervisor to the chef’s office/personal assistant.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Advanced knowledge of Chinese basic cooking techniques is required.
• Advanced knowledge and ability to roast, broil, braise, sauté, fry, and grill (including breakfast items) is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced ability to work in production or line capacities or a combination of both is required.
• Basic comprehension of composition, structure, and quality factors of meats, game, poultry, fish, and shellfish is required.
• Minimum of one year of experience on a cruise ship or high volume hotel/restaurant is required.
• Minimum of one year of experience in a hot production supervisory position is required.
• Minimum of two years of culinary experience is required. Formal culinary training may substitute for this experiential requirement at an equivalent rate.
• Intermediate to Advanced level English and Mandarin verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English and Mandarin grammar is required.
• High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
• Culinary School 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalency is required.