We are currently looking for an Executive Chef for the company’s 5-star property in Abha, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This 5-star property that features 120 luxurious rooms & suites that are fully equipped with the latest in technology and comfort, state-of-the-art health club, an exclusive spa, and two restaurants with an outdoor terrace that offers breathtaking views of the city.
Scope and General Purpose of Job:
- To oversee the whole kitchen operation, ensuring the highest standards of food service are achieved as per the set SOPs whilst maintaining the strict control on food stores and food costs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors all duty schedules in the kitchen operation.
- Reviews and corrects the appearance (condition of uniforms) and grooming of all assigned staff.
- Evaluates the performance of the assigned team and initiates promotions.
- Responsible for the timely kitchen preparations for all meal services in the outlets and Banquet activities in line with the stipulated opening hours.
- Frequently tours through all Kitchens, Stores and other food production facilities ensuring the highest possible hygiene and maintenance standards.
- Develops food promotions.
- Frequently tours of the dining outlets and related areas to assure the well being of all guests by maintaining a close friendly contact.
- Handles guest complaints directly if the situation requires.
- Drives together with the Food & Beverage Manager all extracurricular events in the outlets as per the annual promotions calendar.
- Controls the food cost by reviewing and approving all store requisitions and direct purchases and minimizes wastage.
- Ensures that the immediate reliever is well informed about all relevant operational issues.
- Monitors all food par stocks and goods transfers to other areas.
- Drives with the Food & Beverage Manager all menu changes and documents all dishes and issues presentation information to all parties concerned.
- Ensures that every dish leaving the kitchen is of appropriate portion and well presented according to the recipes and presentation standards
- Initiates spot checks on expiry dates of all food products.
- Ensures the proper handling of all FF&E and operating equipment.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Current experience in a similar role in Jeddah or Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, is an advantage
- Excellent record of kitchen management
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
- BS degree in Culinary science or related certificate
- Fluency in Arabic is essential, fluency in English or other languages would be an advantage