Reservations Agent (Arabic Speaker Preferred)
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi, one of the city’s most elegant and luxurious hotels and an iconic architectural landmark.
Recently transformed with a comprehensive renovation and refurbishment, Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi is the perfect location for both business and pleasure.
It is ideally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi’s commercial district, yet only a short walk from the shopping districts and the shimmering sands of the Corniche.
To assist the Reservations Supervisor / Team Leader and the Reservation Team in providing an efficient and friendly Reservations service, and to maximize revenues to achieve budgeted and forecasted targets.
The minimum pre-requisites for this position is that the candidate has good telephone and computer skills, is enthusiastic about the hotel, displays a willingness to learn and a focus on Customer Satisfaction. Prior Reservations, Reception or Telesales experience would be an advantage.
• To maintain high level of guest telephone contact skills while promoting the Hotel, our Restaurants, and the Spa through good selling and communication skills.
• To achieve an optimum level of occupancy and average room rate to best yield revenue and to ensure budgeted targets are met.
• To be fully conversant with all market segment and rate plans, together with special rates and packages.
• To maximise room revenues, and create additional revenue, by utilising effective Upselling techniques.
• To comply at all times with the Hotel Standards and Procedures.
• To liase daily with the Reservations and Revenue Manager regarding business on the books and the strategy for the day.
• To attend and participate in the monthly Sales Strategy and Brainstorming meeting, Reservations Feedback meetings and other departmental activities as required.
• To deal with faxes, correspondence checking (VIP’s, regular guest, SPG’s…), group allocations, and to respond to guest requests on a daily basis.
• To handle customer queries and complaints relating to the Reservations Department.
• To maintain a high standard of communication with all departments.
• To actively and consistently enroll Starwood Preferred Guest Members to develop brand loyalty and to meet departmental targets.
• To complete additional tasks as and where directed by the Reservations Team Leader / Supervisor, or in their absence, the Revenue Manager or Director of Sales.
• To generate Sales Leads for potential Corporate Accounts.
• To participate in Community Action Initiatives within the Hotel.
• To achieve targeted scores in all Test Call programmes assisting the Hotel to maintain its ratings.
• To ensure Profiles are maintained, merged and updated on a regular basis to provide accurate Company, Agent and Individual Guest information as directed by the Reservations Co-ordinator.
• To maintain the Reservation files in an up to date and accurate manner.
• To work closely with Front Desk and Events to maximise Guest Satisfaction.
• To access StarwoodOne on a daily basis and remain updated about company happenings.
• 1 year related experience
• Must be able to speak, write and converse freely in English and Arabic
• Must be able to sit 8hrs a day while maintaining a smile and positive attitude
• Must be proactive