Sous Chef, All Day Dining
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
We will strive to create and maintain a community of winning talent which feels valued and lives the connection to the brand in whatever we do. We will provide the freedom and support where individuals can demonstrate their skills and abilities; grow and reach their potential in a performance reward driven environment. We will embrace diversity and inclusion and will act honest and ethical in everything we do; aspiring to be the employer of choice.
As a Sous Chef you are responsible for supporting all aspects of kitchen management, team training and development, team planning, food budget management, menu delivery and development’s, food and non food purchasing and all Health and Safety aspects related to the kitchen. The Sous Chef will be able to inspire and motivate whilst building a culture of high performance throughout the culinary team.
He/ she will:
• Ensure full liaison with other members of the section and the Kitchen team to maintain department standards;
• Have key relationship with the Executive Chef, Executive Pastry Chef, Executive Sous & Sous Chefs;
• Have key relationship with F&B Director, Venue Managers & Banqueting Manager and all Service staff/In Room Dining and Back of House Manager;
• Have key relationship with Hotel Manager;
• Represent the Kitchen at Operations meetings, Event Order Meetings etc. at all times being prepared and ensuring seamless flow of communication back to the Kitchen team on any action points;
• Have key relationship with the stewarding department and the stewards;
• Ensure all production areas are maintained to a high level of cleanliness;
• Ensure all food storage areas are maintained to a high level of cleanliness organized efficiently;
• Ensure all food stock items are kept at levels agreed with Executive Chef.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities
He or she:
• Previous 5 star hotel experience;
• Strong leadership skills (ability to develop team);
• Need to have a good understanding of ME eating habits and preferences;
• Identifies him/ herself with the hotel’s brand and operating philosophy;
• Possess a warm and friendly demeanor;
• Strives to achieve satisfaction and delight of internal and external customers;
• Is detail oriented and hands on.