Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
The Night Auditor will ensure all revenues transactions raised by outlets and Front office are audited and posted to the guest ledger, meeting required deadlines to enable the reset of Fidelio system is on time to begin a new day.
• Audit all Revenue transactions for accuracy and ensure the Opera System and Cash Register trails match;
• Audit all Revenue transactions for techniques and methods used to meet our standards and Starwood Policies & Procedure;
• Ensures all revenue transactions recorded and consistent and carried out according to our standard procedures;
• Checks all revenue transactions raised in the hotel to the guest ledger (to the relevant room number or account) where applicable and confirm that the outlets totals tally all charge and cash records in an outlets to outlets basis, ensuring back-ups are available;
• Check all room rates posted are correct and backed up with the necessary documentation in relation to various hotel rates, including complimentary and house use.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
He or she:
• Hold a Bachelor degree required;
• Should be conversant with:
-Micros / Simphony
-Microsoft office applications
• Good communication skills;
• Totally embrace the philosophy of guest and customer service and own the guests;
• Identify yourself with the hotel’s brand and operating philosophy;
• Possess a warm and friendly demeanor.