Guest Services Agent - Four Points by Sheraton, Sheikh Zayed Road
Full job details
About Marriott International.
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World. ™
About Four Points by Sheraton
Business meets pleasure. With nearly 200 Four Points hotels in more than 30 countries, travelers can find the timeless style and comfort they’re looking for with genuine service and everything that matters most, all around the world. From Santiago to Shanghai and Milan to Milwaukee, Four Points hotels can be found in big urban centers, by the airport, near the beach, and in the suburbs. A recent $1 billion invested in renovations, conversions, and new-build hotels has made the brand stronger than ever. Four Points by Sheraton, like all brands within Starwood’s portfolio, is proud to offer the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®) program, the industry’s richest loyalty program. To learn more, visit www.spg.com. Stay connected to Four Points on facebook.com/four points.
FOUR SQUARE: https://foursquare.com/v/four-points-by-Sheraton/4c162782a1010f4761024f18
Are you an energetic, guest service oriented individual who will be to accommodate the requests and needs of all?
If yes…..read on.
We are looking for an energetic individual who is not afraid of making conversations with our guests. You will use your outgoing, confident personality to build lasting relationships with our regular guests. These guests will come back to the Hotel again and again because they know “you” will be there providing exceptional service.
About the Job:
• Monitor cleanliness and repair of Lobby, Front Desk and Back Office areas.
• Ensure shift check list is completed per shift, with all tasks actioned and clear handover done to the next shift with sign off from shift in charge prior to completing the shift.
• Ensure prompt, efficient and courteous reception of guests according to LRA and the Welcome brand standards
• Record and administer arrivals and departures, ensuring information is updated accurately
• Full awareness of current daily status of Hotel as well as room inventory
• Thoroughly conversant with all room types, décor and outlook
• Effectively deal with guest problems and complaints immediately. Ensure these are then communicated to shift leader, and recorded via SGR, Opera and Logbook.
• Be aware of daily functions, events, VIP and group arrivals
• Ensure guest’s immediate requirements are catered for
• Awareness of regular guest names & requirements
• Ensure cashiering is accurate and billing instructions are followed, and all paperwork is in order
• Reports any potential credit risks immediately to Shift Leader
• Issue safe deposit boxes and allow guest access in accordance with procedures
• Must be conversant and up to date with Starwood Preferred Guest program benefits and promotions, and ensure monthly/annual enrollment goals are met.
• Ensure back up reports are generated and saved regularly per shift in case of the event of system downtime.
• Works closely with Housekeeping for an efficient turnaround of rooms and room status.
• Actively focus on driving hotel revenue through upselling/ StarPush programs and charges for early arrivals and late departures.
• To carry out any other duties as required
YOUR JOB AND THE LAW
• To ensure that no information regarding guest names, details or room numbers is given to unauthorized persons
• Ensure unidentified persons are not allowed access to guest rooms
• Report any accidents (guest or staff)
• To be fully aware of the Health & Safety Policy
• To be aware of emergency evacuation procedures
• Take care in work to avoid accidents
• To wear correct uniform at all times and maintain standards of appearance, personal hygiene, behavior and discipline
• Report suspicious characters or suspect packages
• Security of payments
• Alert to fraud
You must be fluent in the English language, both written and verbally.
You must have work with Opera System.
Bachelor Degree and additional education in the Hospitality Industry is preferred.
Previous front office experience of at least 3 years with a minimum of 1 year experience in the position of Guest Services Agent in the Hospitality Industry preferably in the Middle East or within Starwood properties.
Ability to meet targets and foster business is a must.
Strong leadership skills and committed to the development of your team.
Positive and outgoing attitude.
You will need to be versatile, flexible and diligent in your approach.