Executive Pastry Chef
Shangri-La Hotel, Doha is located in the heart of the premier business district; West Bay is the first choice for international business travelers amongst other luxury hotels in Doha. Shangri-La Hotel, Doha delivers a unique blend of Asian and Qatari Hospitality. The luxurious accommodation and lifestyle facilities are complimented with the most exciting collection of dining and entertainment choices, offering exceptional value.
- Competitive salary offer with other 5 star hotels
- Family package is available
- Yearly family ticket
- Family medical covered
Details of operation are:
- Lobby Lounge
- All Day Dining
- Three Signature Restaurants
- Private Executive Lounge
- 8 meeting rooms and banquets up to 450 pax seated, although mostly buffets.
Reporting directly to the Executive Chef, the Executive Pastry Chef will be responsible for maintaining the highest standard of food preparation, service and hygiene in the pastry section, ensuring the pastry and bakery kitchen areas comply with Shangri-La's Food Safety Management Systems and standards at all times.
- Ensures smooth operation in the kitchen, proper product control and quantity of produced items
- Excellent knowledge in handling all day pastry kitchen operations
- Provides supervision, coaching and training to all pastry kitchen colleagues based on the company culture and standards / requirements and guest engagement
- Strong knowledge on Pastry Kitchen P&L Report, Budget Report, and Cost Control Knowledgeable on Recipe Writing, Ordering of Food & Store Room Requisitions
- Ensure the highest level of food safety by strictly enforcing Shangri-La’s Food Safety Management System / HACCP guidelines
- Handles guest feedback with regards to quality, variety of food and team’s performance and takes corrective actions based on their feed back
- Maintains good relations with internal and external customers
- At least 3 years leadership experience in an international hotel or Hospitality Industry
- Good knowledge of Pastry Products such as cakes, pies, mousses, French pastry and local hot and cold desserts
- Well verse on HACCP and Food Safety Guidelines
- Able to lead and develop a multicultural team
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong understanding of Food Safety and Kitchen Hygiene
- Understanding of kitchen finance related topics such as Food Cost, etc.
- Good communication skills in English language (oral and written)
- Creative with excellent computer skills (Excel, Micros and Requisition Systems)
- Able to work under pressure