Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
We will strive to create and maintain a community of winning talent which feels valued and lives the connection to the brand in whatever we do. We will provide the freedom and support where individuals can demonstrate their skills and abilities; grow and reach their potential in a performance reward driven environment. We will embrace diversity and inclusion and will act honest and ethical in everything we do; aspiring to be the employer of choice.
The BMS Operator will monitor the BMS & Fire alarm systems during typical office working hours. Make adjustments to the systems once the building management have approved the changes. Report problems to the building management using pre determine protocols.
He/ She will:
- Monitor BMS for changes outside of normal operating parameters and report these to the relevant person/organization.- 2-3 years’ experience Competent & experienced person, having knowledge of monitoring of BMS equipment’s, scheduled maintenance, Reports generation in industrial/commercial buildings/Data Centers, etc;
- Adjust settings on the BMS, RMS, Fire panel, Dimming control panel, Chiller control panel and Central battery systems as instructed;
- Log information and distribute the information as required;
- Contact the relevant authorities/persons during an emergency situation;
- Assist the building management in the safe running of the building;
- Focus on every opportunity on saving energy;
- High light and maintenance issues which may arise;
- Base on various equipment specifications and operations standards to ensure that all of the equipment is efficiently running favor the smooth building operation;
- To submit reports to the Assistant Director of Engineering on the condition and status of the Engineering system (Timely / accurately).
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
He or She:
- Is vigilant with attention for detail;
- Has excellent computer operation skills;
- Has good communication skills and ability to follow spoken and written instruction in English;
- Has ability to deal with emergency situations in a calm manner. Integrity, commitment and courteous;
- Totally embraces the philosophy of guest and customer service and owns the guests;
- Identifies his/herself with the hotel’s brand and operating philosophy;
- Possess a warm and friendly demeanor;
- Strives to achieve satisfaction and delight of our customers;
- Is detail oriented;
- Thrives on pride of work and its product;
- Plays as a team to achieve common goals;
- Has immaculate personal presentation e.g. grooming and conversational ability;
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm;
- Has a strong ability to learn skills, retain and demonstrate learning;
- Upholds ethical business practices.