Front Office Receptionist
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project courtesy, hospitality and professional behaviour across your department at all times with guests and fellow colleagues.
- Welcome guests upon arrival with courtesy and professionalism.
- Register arrivals according to established standards and procedures including the adherence to all credit and accounting procedures.
- Manage guestroom inventory by communicating regularly with Housekeeping to ensure rooms are available for efficient check-ins.
- Room guests according to reservation requests and inventory availability.
- Programme guest keys and master keys following established standards and procedures.
- File and manage registration cards for guests according to established standards and procedures.
- Create, modify and cancel guestroom reservations for walk-ins when required.
- Review guestroom folios to check for discrepancies and ensure special billing arrangements are properly carried out.
- Be the first line of defence to handle guest queries and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Monitor guest feedback and make recommendations for improvements or new products or services to meet guest needs.
- Be available to address issues and make corrections with regard to charge disputes and discrepancies when required.
- Check-out guests efficiently and courteously according to established standards and procedures including the adherence to all credit and accounting procedures.
- Post manual charges, advance deposits, no show charges and other charges as required following established procedures.
- Balance all folios to “0” before guests depart.
- Carefully manage the cash float according to established standards and procedures.
- Promote SBEC to guests by highlighting programme benefits, and assisting with queries and enrolment.
- Provide existing SBEC members with additional services as stipulated by the programme or existing promotions.
- Provide occasional site inspections as required.
- Assist with inventory taking as required.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the Employee Handbook and adhere to regulations contained therein
- Maintain a complete understanding of the Hotel’s policy relating to fire, safety and health, and ensure all precautions are taken to safeguard against incidents for areas under your supervision.
- Perform other assignments to meet business needs as directed by your superiors.
- Team player
- Innovative thinking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritise tasks consistent with business objectives
- Computer literate with knowledge of Word, Excel, PMS, industry related software desired
- Must be fluent in English
- Good sales technique.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Graduate of a Hotel Management diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-year experience in the same position in 4*/5* chain .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted