Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the coordination of tasks and operations of the Housekeeping Department.
- Review hotel arrivals, departures and in-house reports to ensure all special Housekeeping arrangements are properly delegated and fulfilled.
- Manage and oversee the daily cleaning assignments and tasks for Room Attendants.
- Manage and oversee the daily service of Minibars and ensure all charges are handled following established standards and procedures. Manage the distribution and handling of master keys.
- Receive guestroom cleaning requests from Hotel guests and the Front Office and prioritise, delegate and monitor these requests as appropriate.
- Ensure all guestrooms are serviced following established standards and procedures.
- Conduct inspections of all vacant clean guestrooms before releasing them for arrivals to ensure established standards are adhered to and guest requests are met.
- Conduct inspections of occupied clean guestrooms for VIP guests to ensure established standards are adhered to.
- Prepare special guest amenities as required according to established standards and procedures.
- Ensure lost and found items are properly reported according to established standardsand procedures.
- Be the first line of defence to handle guest queries and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Monitor guest feedback and make recommendations for improvements or new products or services to meet guest needs.
- Ensure the full life cycle of items in the Hotel (linens, textiles, carpets, furniture, fixtures, uniforms, supplies and equipment, etc.) is managed through proper care, cleaning and maintenance.
- Conduct routine inventory taking to ensure stock levels for operating equipment and other items are up to par for your department.
- Be actively involved in the training and induction for new Employees in your department.
- Deliver training programmes as required and coordinate training tasks with the HR department and trainers.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the Hotel’s policy relating to fire, safety and health, and ensure all precautions are taken to safeguard against incidents for areas under your supervision.
- Perform other assignments to meet business needs as directed by your superiors.
- Innovative thinking.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good leadership, coaching and counselling skills.
- Good analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise tasks consistent with business objectives.
- High attention to detail.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Word, Excel
- Good communication skills in English language
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- College Education or certification in Hospitality related coruse.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in the same position or a strong track record of Housekeeping experience in a 4-5*Hotel for at least 2-years