Commis I (Asian Cuisine ONLY) - Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park
Full job details
the supervision of the Chef in Charge and according to the Outlet’s
requirements, prepare food items following recipes and menus, and responsible
for the timely preparation, set up and replenishment of mise-en-place.
Plaza®, we want our guests to
feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their
success. To help them, we need you to
stay One Step Ahead and:
expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your
style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making
them feel valued and important and offering thoughtful choices to help
them feel restored and balanced.
things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist Demi chef or Chef De Partie in the performance of their culinary
and other duties, the needs of the outlets and company standards.
2. Preparation of food items
according to recipes and menus, including specialized food production for ‘Theme Nights’, buffets, banquets and a
3. Supervise and coordinate the activities of subordinates ensuring their
work is produced to standard, taking full charge of the section and staff when
directed to do so.
4. Checks the daily menus, function sheets, par stocks and mise en place
5. Records all recipes and procedures in own recipe book.
6. Ensure cleanliness, hygiene and maintenance of all work areas, utensils,
equipment, tables, fridges, freezers, kitchen area and cold rooms.
7. Supervision of buffet replenishment and clearance.
8. Preparation and set up daily mise en place and buffets as per standards.
9. Arranges plates and helps in dishing our meal portions according to
Kitchen Order Tickets (KOTs).
10. In charge of food hygiene and temperature control for responsible
11. As directed, prepares staff rosters.
12. Store requisitions and stock control, as directed, in accordance with
FIFO system (first in first out).
13. All other duties
assigned by sous chefs and direct supervisors.
1. Comply with Hotel Rules and Regulations and
provisions contained in the Employment Handbook
2. Comply with Company Grooming Standards at all
times to portray a professional image of self and the hotel.
3. Comply with Time and Attendance Policies set
by the hotel.
4. Actively participate in training and
development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development
5. Demonstrate understanding and awareness of
all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety
6. Familiarize yourself with emergency and
7. Ensure all security incidents, accidents and
near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention
of the Line Manager
8. Comply with the Company’s Corporate Code of
9. Familiarize self with the company values
(Great Hotels Guests Love) and model desired behaviors (Winning Ways, Room to
be Yourself) and ways of working (IHG Wheel).
10. Perform all tasks as directed by the Manager
in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
The above is designed to help you in the understanding
of the role and is not intended to be a definite list of your duties, as
flexibility in meeting company and guest needs is required by all employees