Sales Manager- Travel Industry
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Steeped in Middle Eastern mystique, The St. Regis Doha is part of the Al Gassar Resort located in the heart of West Bay, adjacent to the Pearl Island and close to the Diplomatic Area. The St. Regis Butler Service is part of the St. Regis promise that every guest will have a truly memorable stay. The hotel introduces a collection of carefully selected restaurants, bars and lounges. You can also escape to a sanctuary of rejuvenation at the signature Remède Spa, featuring 22 private treatment rooms.
Sales & Marketing
This position is responsible for the management and growth of all Travel Industry Relations.
AVERAGE % OF TIME
-55% Solicit new and existing Travel Industry accounts and tour group accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals. This will consist of telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
-15% Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
-10% Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales related meetings as required.
-10% Work with other departments within the hotel to provide quality service to customers.
-5% Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
-5% Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.
This position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
-Professionally represent the hotel at all industry/community functions.
-Participate as team player with all departments.
-Assist with reports and/or competition data collection.
-Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Knowledge of HT360 Travelclick
• Knowledge of the GDS.
• Knowledge of FHR.
• Knowledge of Mystery Shop processes.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
• Knowledge of all departments of hotel.
• Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints.
• Sales ability and skill in both oral and written form.
• Ability to identify and develop accounts with individual guest room needs.
• Ability to establish and master goals.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel and Delphi.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Two years in the capacity of a sales specialist/executive/ at a luxury hotel
One year in the capacity of an assistant sales manager at a luxury hotel
Licenses or Certificates-
Should be able to apply for a Qatari driving license or convert their existing driving license