Guest Services Executive, Assawan Spa - Burj Al Arab
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the world’s tallest all-suite hotel sets new standards in luxury and service. Designed to resemble the billowing sail of an Arabian dhow, the hotel soars to a height of 321 metres, dominating the Dubai coastline. Regarded as one of the world’s true architectural landmarks, Burj Al Arab epitomises outstanding personalised service and is dedicated to surpassing guest expectations by providing the ultimate Arabian hospitality experience.About the role
An exciting role has arisen for a Guest Relations Executive to join the Assawan Spa team at the Burj Al Arab. The main purpose of this position is to fill in the operational requirements and to sell merchandise and make sales through a high level of customer service at all times towards in and out of house guest and colleagues. This should lead to the smooth operation of the retail shop.
Your main duties will include:
To provide courteous and professional service at all times.
- Welcome guests, greet guests and members, explain and up sell the facilities and services available.
- Assist in answering all telephone communication with-in three rings observing standards, etiquette, and patience at all times. Handle guest messages and communication needs accurately.
- Ensure guests are directed to desired locations for treatment and connected with the appropriate service.
- Schedule reservations of spa services for guests and coordinate staff schedule to ensure prompt service.
- Assist with administration duties: filing, products supply inventory and other duties required to support management and operations.
- To report all problems and or complaints related to the spa. Communicate via logbook & staff meetings, depending upon urgency.
- To liaise with all related departments confirm reservations, process engineering requests and maintain cleanliness.
- To understand all current activities & promotions within the Spa & Hotel.
- Maintain daily operations, including opening, operating and closing procedures.
- Participate in any scheduled training programs and attend the internal spa meetings.
- Record in appropriate logbook any guest requests, complaints or engineering requests.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag and follow good hygiene habits at all times.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be a High School or College graduate.
You will be a team player, your interpersonal and customer service ability will be excellent.
Proficiency in computer software systems such as MS Office is essential as are excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.