Butler, Front Office (Rooms Division) - Dar Al Masyaf - Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah - The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Villa Butler to join the Dar Al Masyaf team at the Madinat Jumeirah Resort. The main purpose of this role is to ensure that all guest requirements & needs are met and to demonstrate a high & consistent level of organization & management at all times. Communicating with & providing feedback at all times with the Butler Team Leader & to be constantly proactive in anticipating guest needs & requirements.
Main duties will include the following:
- Bear a full & comprehensive knowledge of the hotel, including all departments, services & outlets.
- Help and assist all the guests in a friendly and educated manner.
- Build a thorough rapport with all in-house guests in all the summer houses and maintain interaction in order to facilitate guest recognition and obtain specific individual needs, likes, and dislikes in order to maintain guest history files.
- Maintain a high level of communication & feedback within the department.
- Identify and anticipate guest needs and action immediately.
- Ensure privacy and security of in-house guests in every summer house.
- Ensure the Jumeirah greeting/arrival procedure is followed at all times.
- Ensures all expected arrival rooms/suites are checked and in order.
- Provide cashier and currency exchange service.
- Upsell rooms/suites and cross sell all outlets within the resort and Jumeirah International.
- Report for duty punctually in accordance with the issued department duty roster.
- Adhere at all times to the butler's Grooming & Uniform Standards.
- Abide by all policies and procedures as provided in the butler services SOP manual as well as the hotel & company policies and procedures at all times.
- Adhere to all hotel health & safety policies.
- Have working knowledge of the hotel operating system (Oracle) and point of sale (Micros).
- Establish & maintain a good working relationship with all the Departments in the hotel.
- Have full understanding & knowledge of all in room/suite services, amenities, functions & systems.
- Be fully responsible for the pantry and the reception desk in every summer house by ensuring the manning & cleanliness is controlled and both are correctly stocked & operationally prepared at all times according to set standards.
- Attend daily shift briefings.
- Ensure a full & complete shift handover.
- Continually checks all public areas inside and around the summer houses.
- Co-ordinate & liaise at all times with the butler order taker/ team leader.
- Assist & co-ordinate all in room/suite guest needs & requirements.
- Refresh the rooms/suites & assist with turndowns.
- Ensure all rooms/suites are maintained & serviced as required.
- Coordinate laundry and pressing collection and delivery.
- Provide a full shoeshine service.
- Unpack/ pack guest luggage as requested.
- Report any suite maintenance requirement according to standard procedures.
- Deliver and place the evening amenities or gifts.
- Deliver newspapers & magazines to all rooms/suites.
- Maintain full control of the bar replenishment.
- Provide beverage service to all rooms/suites.
- Take orders for private dining.
- Support & assist the senior management.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as assigned by the senior management.
In order to be considered for this role you will have at least two years of working experience in a similar role in a luxury five star hotel environment.
You will have excellent written and spoken English. Knowledge of hotel operating systems Opera, Oracle and Micros. Your experience in handling guest requests, and exceeding their expectations would be regarded as essential.
Should be able to quickly learn and adapt to a new work environment.