Banquet Supervisor - Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park
Full job details
coordinate the functions and activities of the banquet with the banquet's
employees in the absence of Manager.
assist in overseeing and directing all aspects of the outlet under the general
guidance and direction of the Manager, or his/her delegate and within the
limits of the established InterContinental Hotels Group policies and
Plaza®, we want our guests to
feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their
success. To help them, we need you to
stay One Step Ahead and:
expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your
style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making
them feel valued and important and offering thoughtful choices to help
them feel restored and balanced.
by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting
things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure the smooth
running of the banquet to ensure highest guest satisfaction.
2. Supervise waiters
assigned to that particular banquet.
3. Serve customers
according to the set standards, by taking their orders, collecting and serving.
4. Promote all menu
items and special promotions.
5. Ensure all
opening and closing duties are followed according to the checklist.
6. Responsible for
the waiters assigned.
7. Assist in
implementing and controlling the control mechanism by:
food and drinks are properly accounted for.
irregularities are reported to the Food & Beverage Management
8. Ensure that all
billings are correct.
9. Ensure that
effective communication is carried out with all employees, while keeping an
effective communication with your superior.
10. Ensure that all-vital communication is recorded in
11. Plan the day-to-day routine works efficiently to
ensure maximum service delivery in accordance to the hotel standard.
12. Ensure that the monthly one to one meeting with the
Manager is kept and that all documentation is up to date.
13. Establish and follow personal development plan.
14. Conduct continuous job performance evaluation of the colleague
in the banquet.
15. To formulate training needs and prepare training plans
for the staff and train them when possible.
16. Perform other duties as may be assigned by your
supervisor from time to time.
1. Comply with Hotel Rules and Regulations and
provisions contained in the Employment Handbook
2. Comply with Company Grooming Standards at all
times to portray a professional image of self and the hotel.
3. Comply with Time and Attendance Policies set
by the hotel.
4. Actively participate in training and
development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development
5. Demonstrate understanding and awareness of
all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety
6. Familiarize yourself with emergency and
7. Ensure all security incidents, accidents and
near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention
of the Line Manager
8. Comply with the Company’s Corporate Code of
9. Familiarize self with the company values
(Great Hotels Guests Love) and model desired behaviors (Winning Ways, Room to
be Yourself) and ways of working (IHG Wheel).
10. Perform all tasks as directed by the Manager
in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
The above is designed to help you in the understanding
of the role and is not intended to be a definite list of your duties, as
flexibility in meeting company and guest needs is required by all employees