Commis I - Pastry
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Fujairah, United Arab Emirates
1. Assists in the preparation & service of food.
2. Prepares mis-en-place for the outlets required.
3. Keeps all working areas clean and tidy to maintain hygienic surrounding’s.
4. Responsible to co-operate and coordinate with the Chef de Parties on rotation of food items, so as to the gain knowledge on effectiveness of food cost expense, control and utilization.
5. Must have knowledge of store requisitioning, transfer controls specially in relation to business volume.
6. Will be required at times to assist in doing duties for functions i.e. barbecue, carving of meats.
7. Undertakes all normal and ancillary duties associated with this department and accept variances to the above duties as and when required maintaining operational effectiveness.
8. To follow strictly all personal hygiene/grooming and Health & Safety practices.
9. To adhere to all company policies relating to Kitchen & Food Safety.
10. To attend all Hotel’s Training as requested by the management.
11. To ensure that house rules are followed.
12. To be aware of all emergency procedures.
13. To conduct regular training within the department.
14. To promote team work within the department & ensure equality at workplace is maintained without sexual discrimination and harassment.
15. To strictly adhere to the Hotel’s Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
16. To perform all other tasks as requested by management.
Previous experiences in quality establishments along with good culinary skills. The ability to communicate in English and a proven track of food preparation, presentation and preservation knowledge.
Commis experince in Pastry section.