Reservations Agent - CX
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Or Find Your World.™
Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina is situated in the modern, vibrant, and cosmopolitan city of Dubai. Our five-star resort is set on 550 meters of the Jumeirah coastline, curving alongside Dubai's largest private white-sand beach and glittering, 238-berth world-class marina.
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is situated in the modern, vibrant, and cosmopolitan city of Dubai. Our five-star resort is set on 550 meters of the Jumeirah coastline, curving alongside Dubai’s largest private white-sand beach and glittering, 238-berth world-class marina
The Reservations department is responsible for identifying guest needs, assisting guests in effective & efficient manner, converting business, maximizing revenue, ensuring complete and accurate update of information in compliance with company policy and strategy.
The reservations department is the heart of Mina Seyahi Complex, it is the first guest contact point, sets guest’s expectation, adds value to the guest booking & stay experience. It is critical to the overall success of our individual hotels.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
* To maintain high level of guest telephone contact skills while
promoting the Hotel, our Restaurants, and the Spa through good
selling and communication skills.
* To achieve an optimum level of occupancy and average room
rate to best yield revenue and to ensure budgeted targets are
* To be fully conversant with all market segment and rate plans,
together with special rates and packages.
* To maximise room revenues, and create additional revenue, by
utilising effective Upselling techniques.
* To liase daily with the Reservations and Revenue Manager
regarding business on the books and the strategy for the day.
* To deal with emails, faxes, correspondence, checking guest
status (VIP’s, regular guest …), group allocations, and to
respond to guest requests on a daily basis.
* To handle customer queries and complaints relating to the
* To complete the Freesale charts on a weekly basis for
companies with rooms on allocation.
* To host Client dinners with the Sales Team and be involved in
client entertainment as required.
* To generate Sales Leads for potential Corporate Accounts.
* To participate in PROGRESS or STAR teams focusing on
improving guest satisfaction.
* To achieve targeted scores in all Test Call programmes assisting
the Hotel to maintain its ratings.
* To ensure Profiles are maintained, merged and updated on a
regular basis to provide accurate Company, Agent and Individual
Guest information as directed by the Reservations Co-ordinator.
* To maintain the Reservation files in an up to date and accurate
* To work closely with Front Desk and Events to maximise Guest
Expectations and Loyalty
* To access HOTSPOT on a daily basis and remain updated about
To move into this position you should have
* Must have strong proficiency in speaking, reading & writing
* The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years of work
experience in the relevant field, preferably reservations using
* Relevant exposure within a 5 Star Hotel
* Good interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of Opera, Email, Words, excel
* Attention for details
* Excellent administration skills
* Able to work under pressure
* Willing to learn & develop
* Able to work on shift basis - days, evenings, nights and
* Must be able to sit 8hrs a day while maintaining a smile and
* Must be proactive