Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist Director of Engineering in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on energy management, preventive maintenance, and capital planning.
- Lead hotel renovations and other projects, negotiate contracts, and ensure timely completion of projects within budget.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for employees. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve employee performance.
- Educate and train all employees in compliance with governmental and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of maintenance needs and ensure timely responses to requests.
- Understand and respond to customer’s needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Carry out preventive maintenance programme to ensure facility is maintained and in service for our guests (example: lighting, refrigeration, heating, air-conditioning, water treatment systems, and pools).
- Maintain and order parts and supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimising waste and maintaining “green” initiatives.
- May be responsible for hotel security to minimise risk of theft, crime and other hazards.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
- Supervision with line tradespersons in the department, and inclusive contractors.
- Ensures departmental disciplinary procedures are observed and supports the Peer Review Process.
Do you have what it
takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?
If so, make it happen
and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of
personal and professional opportunities exist.
Advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance or construction, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional certification and licence if required by law.
Hotel experience preferred.
excellent communication skills in English language, both oral and written