Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel
special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being
approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by
understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking
ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being
knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that
make people feel special.
As a General Technician you are responsible to assure
implementation of all hotel policies, standards and procedures for Energy
Conservation & Control, Fire prevention and other life safety programs and
Effective Preventive and routine maintenance of all Refrigeration & HVAC
Plant/Equipment. Reports to the Engineering Manager, coordinates and liaises/follows-up
with service companies during equipment breakdown.
- Participate in the departmental budget execution and control of expenses with a focus on energy management & preventive maintenance, as tasked.
- Works with general contractor and subcontractors, to ensure quality work is performed.
- Arranges for additional services such as repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment, as required.
- Carry out preventive maintenance to the specified standard
- Ensure that all related tools are in safe place and in working condition
- Coordinate with other departments counterparts and ensure their satisfaction on quality and progress
- Be aware of the emergency procedures in the hotel.
- Ensures departmental disciplinary procedures are observed.
- Delivers extraordinary levels of customer service and provides creative solutions to our guests.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Sets a positive example for good guest relations.
- Implement energy conservation activities/initiatives for the property, as assigned
- Participate in ongoing inspection of Plant and equipment conditions to determine the type of maintenance work required.
- Implement the Fire Life Safety (FLS) program activities of the department, as tasked.
As a General Technician you are responsible to support
activities of installing, repairing and inspecting engineering system and
equipment, for compliance with local and approved codes and company standards.
works with line tradespersons in the department and contractors.
1-2 years experience in hotels in similar position
background of repair & maintenance hands on experience.
Knowledge of preventive maintenance procedures and
use of test equipment
command of English language, both oral and written