Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Abu Dhabi, UAE
• Provide a support service to the Engineering Managers to assist in meeting the strategic goals of the department.
• Responsible to perform carpentry work throughout the hotel including, but not limited to:
- Wood finishing, staining and polishing
- Repairs to sheet plaster walls including wall coverings
- Structural woodwork projects
- Manufacture, alteration and repair to hotel’s furniture and fixtures
- Repairs and maintenance of locks, door closers and sliding door mechanisms.
- Performance of minor upholstery repairs.
• Responsible for guest requests for repairs to guestrooms.
• Carrying out repairs to public areas based on individuals technical knowledge and experience.
• Responsible for performing “Everything in working order” guestroom and public area preventative maintenance.
• Perform general and emergency repairs and maintenance to all plant and equipment based on skill and experience level.
• Carry out preventative maintenance inspections as per computerised system.
• Perform and assist with the Fire Protection Preventative Maintenance Program ensuring all items are inspected as per weekly schedule.
• Review daily logbook, rectify or follow up on all items left unsolved from any previous shifts in relation to carpentry or building repairs, discuss the same with the Engineering managers.
• Perform cleaning and tidying of all Hotel engineering related areas including plant rooms, electrical, information systems and plumbing riser shafts, storerooms and engineering workshops.
• Ensure Fire and Engineering safety features operate at peak efficiency.
• Ensure proper records are kept relating to all plant and equipment for the hotel.
• Ensure proper measures are taken to protect the environment and the Hotel’s adherence to it.
• Maintain all workshop tools and equipment for the running of carpenter’s workshop functions.
• Ensure that the “Everything in working order” trolleys have adequate stock and materials within trolley’s and in engineering stores. Raise purchase orders as required.
• Attend hotel and engineering specific meetings as required.
• To comply with the grooming and uniform standards as per employee handbook / policy and procedure.
• Attend training courses and workshops as scheduled.
• Participates as a pro-active team member in the Hotel’s Energy conservation program by making appropriate recommendations to Engineering supervisors on energy conservation improvements.
• Becomes thoroughly familiar with Hotel’s emergency procedures and perform assigned duties per Hotel and departmental procedures.
• Ensure compliance with legislated workplace health and safety requirements
• Comply with all Starwood and Hotel specific Standards and Procedures.
• Promote by example the principles of “Starwood Cares”.
• Ensure all requests for maintenance are carried out within an acceptable time frame.
• Assist all engineering associates with maintenance and repairs when required.
• Perform equipment repairs as per manufactures recommendations.
• Repairs and maintenance to the physical building structure including minor installation work as and when required.
• Perform all assigned tasks to ensure the works have been completed in a reasonable time frame and to a standard pertaining to the hotel and as set by the Engineering management.
Electrician who has knowledge of Kitchen equipment can apply as well