Chef de Partie- In Room Dining
Basic salary+ shared accommodation+ transportation and meals
Full job details
Under the supervision of the Junior Sous Chef / Sous Chef / Chef de Cuisine
- In absence of Manager, conduct shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known
- Prepare in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service. Cook and serve dishes according to the restaurant’s menu.
- Provide direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Commis, Cooks, Kitchen Attendants and Stewards.
- Clean and re-set their working area.
- Work with Superior and People Services Manager to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive. Duties include:
- Conducting on the job training in accordance with the departmental standards and procedures and maintaining a record of progress for each staff member.
- Providing input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guideline.
- Ensuring new staff attends Corporate Orientation within first month of hire.
- Coaching, counseling and disciplining staff in breach of hotel policies and departmental procedures, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Preparing induction programs for new employees and allocating sufficient time for their implementation.
- Work with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget and is aware of financial targets Work with Superior and Human Resource Manager to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive. Recycle where-ever possible and enforce cost saving measures to staff Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- In charge of a section of the outlet
- Reports directly to the Junior Sous Chef or Sous Chef In charge of a small outlet that serves a limited menu Supervises and guides the commis Actively supports hygiene and HACCP programs
-Experience in the Italian Cuisine with 5 star hotel in the same capacity
- Culinary diploma
- Good English is a must
- Supervisory skills
- Time management skills