Spa Therapist - Female
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Or Find Your World.™
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi is situated in the modern, vibrant, and cosmopolitan city of Dubai. Our five-star resort is set on 550 meters of the Jumeirah coastline, curving alongside Dubai’s largest private white-sand beach and glittering, 238-berth world-class marina
Heavenly Spa is the branded Spa concept for Westin. The program expands on Westin's renewal positioning. We invite our guests to discover moments of beauty, happiness and peace during their travels with a variety of "Heavenly" products and sensory experiences.
Our Spa facilities include 11 spa treatment rooms, separate male & female relaxation areas, couples suite, dedicated men's & woman's changing areas including steam, sauna & Jacuzzi and a fully equipped gymnasium including state of the art Kinesis equipment.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
* To be aware of all treatments & products offered and any promotions on
offer at any given time.
* Actively promote home care programs, meeting minimum retail sales goals.
* To identify and report hazards and maintenance requirements in the work
place and immediately report to the Spa Manager / Assist. Spa manager.
* To check your area on a daily basis. To make sure that it is safe, clean
and fit for guests use.
* To ensure all check lists are up to date & filed on a daily basis.
* To attend daily briefings.
* Ensure all opening up, closing down procedure are adhered to daily in
order to offer smooth efficient service.
* To be fully aware of and work in accordance with the Standard
Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plan for your department.
* Ensure all areas are clean and all spa equipment is in full working order.
* Responsible for keeping up the high standard of treatment and service.
* To be fully aware of the fire emergency evacuation plan and health and
* To ensure that all accidents, incidents and hazards are reported
* To ensure that all equipment and furniture is clean and well maintained
and that any hazards are repaired or removed from the operation.
* Meet all legal requirements under U.A.E law and company policy
* To comply with statutory & legal requirements for fire, health & safety and
To move into this position you should have:
* High school diploma
* Diploma / certificate in beauty / spa therapy from an accredited institute
with a minimum of one year course duration
* Cidesco, Cibtac, Itec or equivalent is preferred
* At least 1 year experience post qualification as a beauty / spa therapist,
in a 5 star hotel preferred
* Certified qualification in the following treatments preferable
- Swedish Massage
- Facial Treatments
- Body treatments
* Pleasant personality, physically fit, sporty appearance
* Great people and communication skills with a high level of English,
other language skills beneficial
* Knowledge of other beauty treatments & Thai massage - advantage
* Excellent knowledge in all aspects of Spa