6 days left
- Job Level
A premium luxury cruise company is looking out for Sous Chefs (with best salary in the industry) for their fleet of Luxury Ships.
To assist the Executive Chef/Chef in the supervision of the galley’s operation on a day-to-day basis according to the company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
- Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates the performance of all direct reports.
- To establish work schedules for all Cooks.
- Must be knowledgeable about the established quality standards and company policies in order to supervise his/her staff.
- Responsible for the control and maintenance of all equipment distributed to the Cooks that need to be cleaned and sanitized after each service and returned to the Chef’s Office.
- Responsible for maintaining the quality and consistency in taste according to recipes and photos provided by the corporate office.
- Actively supervises the preparation and presentation of luncheon and midnight buffets and is physically present during their service. Duties may include the supervision of the afternoon tea time.
- Responsible for the breakdown of buffets and food lines giving clear instructions as to what food should be kept and what should be disposed of.
- Responsible for the set up of the food line for the restaurant personnel, ensuring that there is enough variety and quantity.
- Issues requisitions for all the catering equipment necessary for the smooth running of the operation.
- Ensures that the HACCP program is carried out correctly.
- Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Performs related duties as required. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Financial responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets. - This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment. - Manages and maintains departmental finances within budgetary requirements. - Ensures that all communication costs are kept under control.
MOTIVATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES - People management responsibilities to ensure optimal performance of the function. - Monitors and manages the various assigned workstation functions.Monitors the assignment of duties and responsibilities to his/her staff. Observes and evaluates staff and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met. Makes recommendations regarding personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure adequate and continuous staffing. Inspects workstations, work areas, equipment, etc. to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards. - Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to his/her staff to strengthen their current performance and preparation for future advancement.
Minimum of 5-7 years of total experience. 2 years experience as a Sous Chef in a 5 star hotel
Culinary school degree required.
Strong management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
Strong communication, problem solving, decision making and people skills.
Teambuilding and conflict resolution skills.
Good planning, coaching, organizing, controlling, and evaluating skills.
Intermediate computer software skills required.