Human Resources Secretary
1 day left
- Job Level
Only Sri Lankans (MALE) are eligible for this job.
Education & Experience.
- Experience Hotel Background.
- English & Arabic Speaking Must.
- University Degree.
- Strong Negotiation Skills.
- Analytical Skills.
Must have 05 years of experience in the Hotel Industry.
To support the hotel in the planning of human resources; to develop people through training programs; to manage recruitment, selection and hiring procedures; and to monitor compensation and benefits.
Must have strong investigation and problem-solving skills.
Significant communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
Verbal and written communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares memos, reports and other correspondence, as requested by the Human Resources Manager.
• Prepares job offer packages (staff agreement, offer letter, summary of benefits, etc). Ensures all documentation required for recruitment is provided before commencement of employment.
• Submits contract expire/renewal lists on a monthly basis to Department heads.
• Dealings with staff/customer inquiries.
• Prepares monthly headcount/turnover reports.
• Arranges appointments for the Human Resources Manager, ensuring accurate details are recorded in the appointment diary and that relevant information is communicated to all parties concerned.
• Submits monthly salary list to Human Resources Coordinator and Owning Company.
• Prepares disciplinary letters and maintain an up-to-date master file.
• Consistently provides and maintains the highest standard of staff care and service.
• Ensures that you and all reporting staff maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming at all times.
• Assists the Human Resources Coordinator in regularly monitoring staff performance against agreed criteria.
• Have a good knowledge of all hotel facilities and be able to answer staff/guest questions in a quick, polite and helpful manner.
• Handles any staff complaints or problems promptly and to ensure that all resolved/unresolved incidents are reported to the Human Resources Manager.
• Ensures company, hotel and statutory rules, regulations and policies are adhered to all times.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of fire prevention and to ensure that staff follows the hotel evacuation procedures on hearing the alarm.
• Ensures the departmental area is maintained in safe, hygienic and presentable state and to report any damage to furniture, fittings and equipment to the Human Resources Manager.
• Handles staff grievances and disciplinary matters to the agreed hotel standard.
• Coordinates in identifying and analyzing the training and development needs in the hotel, and prioritizes such needs in line with the hotel business plans.
• Coordinates to develop annual hotel Training and Development Plan.
• Develops and carries out formal training plans for Trainees.
• Assists the selected Departmental Trainers to prepare training and development plans for their departments.
• Participates in the overall scoring of the Hotel’s Training Standards Review.
• Ensures that all employees attend the training programs as scheduled.
• Coordinates in preparing Training Manuals for the department.
• Maintains effective Communication of Training Activities such as Boards, Posters and Calendars.
• Assists in the Administration of Training and Development activities with for all level of employees, through external consultant, retreats, cross exposure periods, self-study programs and goals program.
• Organizes and conducts employee orientation in line with corporate standards.
• Organizes and conducts and evaluates off-job training programs as required.
• Coordinates all internal and external cross-exposure training, completed within the hotel and with other hotels.
• Prepare and organize the administration of the Departmental Standards reviews with each Departmental Trainer in line with agreed standards.
• Makes recommendations in developing and implementing various training and development programs to meet identified needs and to ensure guest service and quality.
• Makes recommendations in the selection of the Departmental trainers and provides the training for their department.
• Establishes and maintains records of training for all off-job courses for all employees.
• Maintains standard hotel training equipment and training library resources.
• Assist in maintaining links with schools, colleges and/or universities.
• Contributes towards the Health & Safety Committee, ensuring legal requirements in terms of training are adhered to.
• Contributes towards other hotel activities as appropriate.
• Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
• To effectively manage and administer External Trainees.
• In charge of gathering data from all departments of the name tags needed, issuing name tags purchase orders, coordinating and following up with the purchasing, and having direct contact with the supplier to insure the completion of work within the time limited time
• Handling all the aspects of opening and closing files of the employees.
• Handling all the aspects of finishing and renewing the expatriates papers.
• Taking care of the expatriates lodging, following up for any maintenance needed. In addition to preparing checklist for new comers and leavers to the building