Group Events Manager - Abu Dhabi
To provide a positive, high level of service to our guests by working closely with the Food & Beverage, Kitchen and Sales & Marketing departments. This will include meetings with organizers of each event in advance and following a follow-up schedule for each event
- Generate monthly calendar of events.
- Established and maintains an active relationship with our main bookers to increase customer satisfaction
- Contributes to daily delegate package and menu rate structures
- Coordinates with the Kitchen and Food & Beverage on menu planning and updates
- Liaises with outside supplier for client special requirements
- Works closely with Sales & Marketing team in creation and updates of collaterals and event promotions
- Assist in budgeting, forecasting, action planning, optimizing Club revenue through strategic yield management and upselling of club facilities and services
- Maintains database, events planner and banquet revenue reports
- Coordinates with the Finance team for systematic payment follow-ups
- Ensures maintenance of all meeting rooms and related equipment and inventory
- Maintains proper communication of details based on BEOs thru weekly events meeting
- Ensures that all incoming requests are handled within the standard response time and well communicated with the team
- Supervises and assists with the Food & Beverage Service Team all banquet operations before, during and after events
- Collects and records guests feedbacks during and after the event and actions on issues and further requests
- Maintain files for all group, Food and Beverage events and tournaments.
- Prepares and distributes various Club mailings including but not limited to: Club announcements, newsletters, sales information.
- Competition checks and analysis
- Incorporate safe work practices in job performance.
- Attend staff meetings.
Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or more than 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
May be required: to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
May be required: to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
May be called upon: to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability Preferences
Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
We look forward to hearing from you!