Kitchen - Head Butcher
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Kitchen professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As a Head Butcher you are responsible for the entire operation within the butchery section, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Monitor all duty schedules in the butchery kitchen section
• Responsible for the correct and timely kitchen preparation for all butchery items
• Frequently tours through Butchery, Stores and other food production facilities ensuring the highest possible hygiene and maintenance standards
• Conduct daily checks on the quality and freshness of products
• Monitor all aspects pertaining to the control of the hotel’s food cost
• Ensure HACCP standards are implemented and follow the appropriate hygiene standards as per Municipality requirements at all times.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should have a professional kitchen apprenticeship or chefs training course and at least two years experiences in quality establishments along with excellent butchery skills. The ability to communicate well in English and a proven track of food preparation, presentation and preservation knowledge is an essential.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be positively spirited and passionate about food and be committed to work together with the service team to deliver an amazing guest experiences every time. You will demonstrate energy and enthusiasm at work, be customer driven, ‘hands on’ and organized. You have the ability to work in a multicultural environment and under difficult condition while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Planning for Business
Drive for Results