Front Office - Telephone Supervisor
We are currently looking for young, dynamic, self motivated Front Office professionals who want to move their careers forward.
As a Telephone Supervisor you are responsible to run effectively the switchboard and supervise the operators ensuring incoming calls are given the highest possible service and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Ensure that every call is attended and greeted politely in a professional manner as per the Rotana Standard
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of the hotel and local services and communicate this to subordinates so they can supply information and respond to guest queries
• Maintain an awareness of guest profiles through Opera guest profile system
• Establish and control the duty roster according to the business needs
• Report to the local telephone provider any faults or adjustments and changes in the communication equipment throughout the hotel after checking with the Front Office Manager, Information System Manager and Chief Engineer
• Ensure the Front Office Manager is kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from either customers or other departments
• Ensure the department is manned fully at all times and every call is promptly attended
• Deal with any complaints, take action where appropriate and communicate this to the Front Office Manager and immediate Supervisors
• Ensure all wake up calls are made at the correct time, according to the hotel standard.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a diploma / degree in the hospitality field with previous experiences in a similar position. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills along with strong voice modulation abilities are essentials. Computer literate and previous experiences with Opera are an advantage.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be customer driven and an extremely proactive and ‘switched on’ personality with an outgoing, charismatic and approachable character. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player, who thrives in working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Planning for Business
Drive for Results