Dry Cleaning Attendant
"A passion for perfection"
Swissotel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Swissotel AlMaqam description:
Swissotel AlMaqam is Swissotel's 2nd hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1624 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today's Arab culture.
As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait complex, the deluxe Swissotel AlMaqam is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haraam, overlooking the Ka'aba and the Grand Mosque.
Swissotel AlMaqam is part of a new urban development, including AlKhirat restaurant, Masharef lounge. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram. We invite you to be part of the dynamic Housekeeping team as;
Dry clean attendant.
For the following department:
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The ability to follow proper payroll procedures.
- The ability to read all clothing labels and instructions before processing any items.
- The ability to set-up, operates, clean and shut down all equipment utilized in the process.
- The ability to remove all spots and stains from garments whenever possible.
- The ability to report any damaged garment to the Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
- The ability to assist in the tagging of guest valet items and following up on special requests the hotel guest has.
- The ability to assist in the pick-up, delivery, pressing, and assembling of hotel guest valet and laundry orders when possible.
- The ability to keep equipment and work area clean.
- The ability to report supply needs to Laundry/Valet Management.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- The ability to safely operate the presses for guest and employee laundry.
- The ability to know the series of garment lays on specialized presses (collar, cuffs, bosom, and tunnel).
- The ability to neatly finish all garments in a timely manner.
- The ability to inspect all finished product for re-wash or repair.
- The ability to wash and extract fugitives, silks, wools and specialty items.
- The ability to hand iron items when necessary.
- The ability to maintain a good working relationship with other employees.
- The ability to handle and report any accident immediately, no matter how minor.
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a "passion for perfection" and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Previous Housekeeping experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
Swissotel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you feel you are ready for your next professional challenge, send us your application today
Swissotel is an Equal Opportunity Employer