"A passion for perfection"
Swissotel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Swissotel AlMaqam description :
Swissotel AlMaqam is Swissotel's 2nd hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1624 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today's Arab culture.
As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait complex, the deluxe Swissotel AlMaqam is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haraam, overlooking the Ka'aba and the Grand Mosque.
Swissotel AlMaqam is part of a new urban development, including AlKhirat restaurant, Masharef lounge. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram. We invite you to be part of the dynamic Housekeeping team as;
For the following department:
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The ability to perform all job functions for the position of Linen Room Attendant.
- The ability to fit and alter uniforms for all new employees.
- The ability to keep accurate records and adequate inventories regarding each uniform on property.
- The ability to issue uniforms to all employees.
- The ability to handle telephone calls in uniform room.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- Follow through on staff requests for repair or re-issue of uniforms.
- Management authorization is necessary for any changes in uniforms
- Dirty uniforms to be delivered to laundry for washing and clean uniforms will be delivered from Laundry as processed.
- Uniforms have assigned numbers. Return cleaned uniforms to the correct numbered location on the racks and/or rails.
- Hang uniforms neatly with minimum folds to avoid wrinkling
- A.M. Uniform Attendant will stage the uniforms for the morning and PM shift of the same day. Evening
- Attendant will stage uniforms for the evening and night shift of the same day and the AM shift of the next day.
- Pull the uniform for the first person scheduled on the first schedule per shift.
- Place the uniforms on the uniform rack by assigned number.
- Complete minor repairs such as replacing buttons as needed, and communicate with the Laundry/Uniform and Tailor regarding tasks completed.
- Flexibility is required in scheduling and work as well; uniform attendant will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the uniform room.
- Lost and found items will always be handled promptly and with due care according to the lost & found policy.
- Comply with fire, safety, and evacuation procedure as required by Hotel fire policy.
- Comply with Hotel standards in relation to hygiene and personal presentation.
- Comply with Hotel health, safety, and hygiene policy.
- Attend any training session or meetings as advised by Department Head.
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a "passion for perfection" and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Previous housekeeping experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
Swissotel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you feel you are ready for your next professional challenge, send us your application today
Swissotel is an Equal Opportunity Employer