"A passion for perfection"
Swissotel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Swissotel AlMaqam description :
Swissotel AlMaqam is Swissotel's 2nd hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1624 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today's Arab culture.
As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait complex, the deluxe Swissotel AlMaqam is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haraam, overlooking the Ka'aba and the Grand Mosque.
Swissotel AlMaqam is part of a new urban development, including AlKhirat restaurant, Masharef lounge. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram. We invite you to be part of the dynamic Housekeeping team as;
For the following department:
Summary of Responsibilities:
• The ability to maintain clean adequately stocked uniform room with up to date inventories
• The ability to follow proper payroll and attendance procedures.
• The ability to train uniform employees in order to achieve the standards
• The ability to make recommendations and follow through on conflict resolution, coaching and counselling, and, when appropriate, disciplinary action for assigned staff.
• The ability to provide excellent guest service in all areas of responsibility.
• To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming and to ensure staff supervised also maintains this standard.
• To ensure the Uniform Room areas is well clean, neatly arranged and free of unauthorized activities.
• To schedule, assign and to supervise all uniform Room work and staff.
• To ensure all staff uniforms are sent to laundry on time as per established schedules and to ensure neatly arranged on shelves or hang once they are return from the laundry.
• To ensure through the uniform staff room all uniforms are checked for missing buttons or damages before they are issued to any staff. Any uniforms beyond repairs to be withdrawn from circulation and keep separate for next discarding turn as established.
• Ensure to maintain and follow up staff uniforms stocks, records as per established par stock procedures.
• To prepare and carry out all staff uniforms inventories as per established schedules once every 3 month. Before doing inventories sort out all items that are to be discarded.
• Ensure to request or discuss with the Laundry Manager / Executive Housekeeper, replacement of any short items due to discarded and lost items after every inventory.
• Report to the Laundry manager/ Executive Housekeeper or in his absence Assistant Executive Housekeeper before signing off.
• Lost and Found items must be recorded in the log book and collected by the security department as per the L&F policy
• Make sure all uniforms issued to casuals are returned back and in good condition
• Ensure at the end of each shift, after the staff departs, the uniform room is free of Fire hazard, and all dust bins are empty and all uniform sent to Laundry to avoid any bad odour.
• Be aware of the emergency procedure in the uniform room
• To stand by the hotel rules and act as an ideal to others.
• To come up with suggestion that could help improve the uniform room operation.
• To carry out any other relevant tasks that may be assigned by the management
• Handle employees complaints and give further instructions to the employees if needed to ensure employees satisfaction
• Never use the lifts for one floor up or two floors down, unless carrying heavy equipments or pushing a trolley.
• Comply with fire, safety, and evacuation procedure as required by Hotel fire policy.
• Comply with Hotel standards in relation to hygiene and personal grooming
• Comply with Hotel health, safety, and hygiene policy.
• Attend any training session or meetings as advised by Department Head.
• Carry out any tasks requested via the Department Head on behalf of the hotel management.
• The ability to monitor the performance of uniform attendants
• The ability to interpret all departmental policies, procedures, and standards established by company
• The ability to schedule and participate in departmental meetings.
• The ability to make sure uniform storage closets are kept in an orderly and clean fashion.
• The ability to report any maintenance requests and follow up with Engineering department
• The ability to perform all job functions for the position of Linen Room Attendant.
• The ability to fit and alter uniforms for all new employees.
• The ability to handle telephone calls in uniform room.
• Management authorization is necessary for any changes in uniforms
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a "passion for perfection" and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Previous housekeeping experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
Swissotel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you feel you are ready for your next professional challenge, send us your application today
Swissotel is an Equal Opportunity Employer