- Job Level
"A passion for perfection"
Swissotel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Swissotel AlMaqam description :
Swissotel AlMaqam is Swissotel's 2nd hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1624 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today's Arab culture.
As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait complex, the deluxe Swissotel AlMaqam is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haraam, overlooking the Ka'aba and the Grand Mosque.
Swissotel AlMaqam is part of a new urban development, including AlKhirat restaurant, Masharef lounge. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram. We invite you to be part of the dynamic Housekeeping team as;
For the following department:
Summary of Responsibilities:
• The ability to supervise the day to day operation of the laundry and dry cleaning sections.
• The ability to check the quality of processed laundry and dry cleaning work to ensure optimum quality of work.
• The ability to be responsible for rotating staff within all sections of the laundry for covering all jobs.
• The ability to be responsible for the training of the new employees.
• The ability to be responsible for ongoing on the job training within the department.
• The ability to capable of doing the work of any worker within the department in case of shorts or busy periods.
• The ability to record the daily linen production reports for the laundry Manager for the monthly production report.
• The ability to follow up and assist employees' vacation requests.
• The ability to maintain an adequate stock of chemicals for the laundry operation.
• The ability to transfer personnel from one section to another and when needed.
• The ability to handle telephone calls professionally and courteously with a helpful attitude to the guest and follow up on employees.
• The ability to assist in the pickup and delivery of guest clothing (mostly on the PM Shift).
• The ability to respond properly to any hotel emergency or safety situation.
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a "passion for perfection" and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Previous housekeeping experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
Swissotel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you feel you are ready for your next professional challenge, send us your application today
Swissotel is an Equal Opportunity Employer