- Preferably having Degree / Diploma in Hospitality Management or other related courses.
- Having previous experience as an Executive Chef in a Five (5) Stars hotel.
- Well experienced with handling large Banquet Operations.
- With great attention to detail, quality service, productivity and excellence.
- Effective communication and leadership skills.
- Pro active and with a high level of customer service.
The Executive Chef will be in charge for managing all Kitchen and Stewarding operations to achieve optimum profit, highest quality of food production and sanitation, administer events and food promotions, developing recipes, and ensure outstanding culinary technical skills.
Further, the Executive Chef will be fully responsible for planning and presentation of food products, cleanliness of facilities and equipment, costing and guest satisfaction.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Well versed with the Food & Beverage Budget, Cost Control and Manning Guide of the Kitchen and Stewarding Department.
- Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Determines food presentation and create decorative food displays.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Checks and approves the daily market list and all stores requisition.
- Maintain food cost by controlling waste without compromising standard and quality.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality and standard are meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Provide the Cost Controller with relevant information in order to have up to date cost on all menu products.
- Ensure that health and safety, emergency and fire fighting rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Controls work schedule, overtime, leaves.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques.
- Ensure that all menus are created using guest feedback, industry trends, competitive intelligence and seasonal offerings.
- Develop menus for all food operations and creates new menu items for different functions and occasions.
- Ensure all menu items are costed accurately.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure that there is clear communication and understanding and positive relationships between the departments and the kitchen.
- Interview, hire, train, supervise, develop, discipline, counsel and evaluate kitchen and stewarding team members as per Regency hotel standards.
- Perform other assigned duties that contribute to the Hotel's mission and objectives.