Sales Manager – Groups & Events
The role is responsible for proactively acquiring and handling catering sales opportunities for weddings and all social events. Role requires that all events are turned over properly and in a timely manner for full client and guest satisfaction. Responsible for daily activities related to Event sales focusing on building long-term, value-based, profitable, and lasting, customer relationships that enable achievement of sales and revenue goals.
Requirements to successful candidates:
Education and Experience ·
* a minimum of 2-3 years working experience in the hospitality Industry, specifically in Events Management.
* 4-years degree from an accredited university in International Tourism or Hospitality Management;
Language: English and Arabic Speaking
To ensure that the hotel is accurately represented in my assigned market segment and that the brand image, products, and services are effectively communicated and maintained at all levels, generating the desired results both in booking and revenue, analyses local and international market trends and competitor activity to recommend strategies that keep The H Hotel, a leader in the marketplace through the development of future and repeat business.
1. Essential Functions
Must be capable of:
- Maintain complete knowledge of all property services/features and hours of operations
- Maintain knowledge of and comply with property/departmental standards, policies and procedures
- Maintain high level of knowledge in reference to all H Hospitality products
- Maintains comprehensive tracing system as so to monitor and follow up business leads, assigned project or duties and advise Director of Sales on the progression.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of all computer and office equipment, including PMS, Events System and Database Management
- Maintain high level of knowledge of the competition’s products and maintain good relationships with counterparts at competing properties
- Follows the Sales Basics
- Meet solicitation and maintenance call requirements
- Complete all assigned paperwork and delegated tasks
- Supervise the timely delivery of Master Invoice to customers and facilitate payment
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events
- Participate in hotel promotional activities
- Work closely with the Sales & Marketing and F&B departments to ensure the accounts from the events are consolidated
- Attend and participate in and where appropriate, daily briefings and other meetings as required
Achieving Business Goals
- Analyze events market trends and competitor activity to identify business leads
- Develop customer accounts both domestically and internationally to drive business into the hotel and to increase market/customer share in events sales.
- Prepare events contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and pricing conditions
- Work within current business strategies and recognizing potential opportunities
- Represent hotel by soliciting, responding to and negotiating with clients requiring events space.
- Receive and convert incoming inquiries to achieve targets and maximize revenue.
- Negotiate contracts with customers and commission agreements with third party agencies.
- Seek opportunities to increase sales and conversions within the Team
- Manage an events schedule to maximize yield
- Focus on a consistently executed up-selling approach
- Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs
- Arrange and carry out Hotel show rounds
- Prepare Weekly Events Forecast and seize upselling opportunities
- Ensure the timely follow-up and pursuit of strategic relationships with customers in order to drive the highest levels of conversion
- Maintain a working knowledge of all H Hospitality products & facilities to enable cross-selling which should become an active part of all solicitation
- Establish and maintain accounting procedures for the purpose of keeping monthly and year-to-date total room night production for each individual company by property utilizing proper tracking tools and templates
- Ensure weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual production activity reports are prepared and submit to Director of Events Management.
- Undertake assignments and duties at the request and under the direction of the Director of Sales.
- Implement a process where key account contacts are recognized on special occasions such as Birthdays and anniversaries.
- Understands revenue management functions and account profitability
- Ability to interpret market data and apply to strategy
- In the pre-event planning process, consult with the meeting planners to identify optimal meeting room configuration, recommendation on meeting/break flow, menu planning, food & beverage coordination, table arrangements, decoration options, etc. to improve meeting efficiency and productivity
- Meet with each meeting planner daily to debrief on daily events, review consumption, bill and any exceptions to contracted billing and review estimates of final billing
- Plan and conduct pre-event meetings with clients and catering staff to identify ways to enhance the guest experience
- Assigned upon situation as the point-of-contact to give immediate assistance in order that customer’s needs are met quickly and their event runs smoothly
- Supervise the organization of post-event calls and collection of Feedback Survey and follow up with customers to obtain event feedback and identify further business opportunities
- 2. Supporting Functions
- Any other special tasks assigned on an adhoc basis by Director of Sales
- 3. Highlights - Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Aside from the essential and supporting duties mentioned above, there are some key attributes that I possess and this includes being able to explain and demonstrate that I can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable resources, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities. Some of these highlights include
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Considerable knowledge of hotel events programs and systems.
- Experience in driving events sales efforts from creating plans to executing and implementing them
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Working under minimal direct supervision.
- Ensuring proper work discipline and smooth communications and team work between Sales & Marketing and other Departments.
- Being in possession of good planning and organizing skills and be proactive to address and resolve issues at all times.
- Having the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and be a team player with first class people skills
- Having the ability to communicate effectively across a multi-national and multi-cultural environment.
- Having the ability to deliver results within a driven environment with multiple deadlines.
- 6. Training
- Having awareness of the Systems, hotel applications, and other Sales & Marketing standards of H Hospitality and the property at all times
- 7. Material, Internal Accounting System Inventory
- Ensuring careful handling & maintenance of property related equipment and company assets
- 8. Furniture, Operating Equipment, and Machines
- Ensuring cleanliness and maintenance of all Sales & Marketing related equipment and company assets
- 9. General/ Miscellaneous
- Being thorough and familiar with the property’s emergency procedures and be in a state of preparedness for any emergency that may occur.
- Being familiar with all company related forms, schedules and documents and be abreast with any changes from time to time
- Being familiar with Standard Operating Procedures relevant to the position, particularly in the field of responsibility that I have been hired for
- Having to accommodate any other duties that are assigned from time to time
- Characteristics for This Position
- Displays emotional maturity and sensitivity in dealing with others.
- Operates with integrity and objectivity at all times
- Creative and innovative style and approach
- Events sales related experience a must
- Knowledge of local, regional, provincial and federal laws and regulations (including tax regulations)
- Knowledge of market, sales, and working market conditions
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel mandatory).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understand and demonstrate customer service and works to build organizational goals