- Before cleaning a room, checks that it has been vacated.
- “Do not Disturb” sign must be honoured until check out time.
- Provides housekeeping service within 20 minutes of the guest request during normal working hours.
- Do not disturb guests, e.g. loud music, loud television, or loud discussion in guest areas.
- Makes beds daily and change bed-linen.
- Removes all garbage, room service trays.
- Cleans mirrors, lights and lamps, checks for light bulbs.
- Cleans all the surfaces.
- Dusts and polish furniture.
- Vacuums carpets, floors and upholstery.
- Cleans bathrooms and supply with fresh towels and toiletries.
- Checks and re-stock tea, coffee, sugar and milk supplies.
- Ensures that televisions, radios, lights and air-conditioning equipment are working.
- Reports to a supervisor articles left behind by guests, damage to rooms.
- Takes laundry and dry-cleaning orders from guests.
- Fills out assignment sheet as each room is done.
- Is thoroughly familiar with the hotel’s emergency procedures and in a state of preparedness for any emergency, which may occur.
- Performs other duties as assigned by his supervisor.