Director of Revenue
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
Functional Pillar: Strategy
• Develop overall pricing strategy, in alignment with Starwood EAME Divisional Pricing Guidelines, to include all market segments and distribution channels
• Formulate Retail Pricing Structure, provide guidance on corporate transient negotiated pricing, group pricing for each group, wholesale pricing and acceptance
• Ensure effective pricing strategies are in place to reflect asset strength relative to the competition in each market
• Effectively manage inventory and pricing strategy in all distribution channels including branded web, 3rd party sites, StarLink, and the GDS
• Lead the Regional Internet Merchandising Manager and Director of Sales & Marketing in the decision making process of promotion participation and rates thereof
• Analyze competitive reports and formulate appropriate strategies through use of Deloitte & Touche Reports,The Bench, Hotelligence and Market Vision
Functional Pillar: Operations
• Responsible for effective implementation and compliance with all Starwood Revenue Management Standards, Policies & Procedures. (Rate Plans, Rate Categories, Market Segmentation, Profiles and all other PMS/IPS related RM functionality.)
• Responsible for Revenue Management monitoring of the “Smart Contracting” process and facilitate account evaluations in coordination with sales. Responsible for the accuracy of StarTrack data.
Functional Pillar: Organization
• Maintain an RM succession plan for the hotel, in coordination with the Regional DRM. (Revenue Manager, Revenue Management Executive). Recruit, train and mentor (as applicable) the Reservations Manager and/or the Revenue Management Executive with view to contingency and contribution to divisional ‘bench strength’.
Functional Pillar: Technology
• Complete understanding and effective execution of current and new Revenue Management systems and Tools. Includes Opera PMS/S&C or Fidelio PMS/Delphi, IPS, PRSNet, TLPe, TLGO if applicable, Market Vision, Enterprise Channel Reports, Revenue Plan, StarTrack, CMD.
Functional Pillar: Reporting
• Strong analytical capabilities to review, understand and formulate strategy changes based on the extensive reporting data available to Starwood hotels. This includes: All Revenue Plan reports: Rooms Rollup, Pace, Group Backlog, Geographic Data, Forecasting Tool, plus StarTrack Reports, CMD, IPS Reports, PMS Reports, ASD, etc.
Functional Pillar: Education
• The Director of Revenue Management will have successfully completed the Basic and Intermediate RMA Courses, and will actively participate new training offerings, via classroom or webinar.
• Director of RM to have participated in Leading Starwood, and Communication Skills training.
A successful candidate must be:
- Already a seasoned Director of Revenue with extensive experience in city hotels
- Strong strategist, and
- Prior responsibilities/experience in managing multi-component inventory inclusive of residential/apartments and hotel rooms
- Prior experience in UAE market is a must
- Proven track record/achievements, e.g. outperforming competition set in ranking, average rate, market share index, etc.
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Business acumen and commercial savviness
- Proficiency in modern revenue optimization systems and Opera