Executive Sous Chef
You are responsible with the upkeep and ongoing supervision of the kitchen terms and meeting hygiene standards expected of Auris Plaza.
He is also responsible for food preparations, cost control and scheduling of staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist the Executive Chef with new ideas and promotions and in motivating and developing staff.
- To ensure a very high standard of hygiene of self and working area at all times as per guidelines required by Dubai Municipality
- To ensure that all mis-en-place is kept to the volume of business.
- To check that all food is of correct quality, quantity and price before accepting any food store requisition or inter-kitchen transfer.
- To ensure all food are transported for outside catering and banqueting in its appropriate containers.
- To prepare the staff duty rosters.
- To liaise closely with F&B supervisors and stewarding department
- To check the buffer presentations, display and theme nights
- To assist the Executive Chef with ideas for new presentations, festivals and menus.
- To discuss and organize practical implementation of ideas.
- To maintain very close communication with Executive Chef all times.
- To use his initiative and imagination on buffet presentations.
- To maintain close supervision wastage and spoilage to reduce cost in all outlets and kitchen.
- To handle guest complaints on the spot and inform the Executive Chef Immediately.
- To hold communication meetings with kitchen staff on a regular basis.
- Works on shifts basis and adjust to business requirements. Responsible of informing Engineering department of defective operating equipment and ensure a follow-up and safety of staff.
- Maintain positive team spirit at all times.