Executive Housekeeper - Bahrain
The executive housekeeper is responsible for ensuring the operation of the housekeeping and laundry department in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while efficiently managing expenses and maximizing service levels.
- Associates must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow associates.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Housekeeping personnel according to SOP's.
- Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program (i.e. floor care, hard cleaning, mattress flipping, etc.) and maintain a detailed checklist for each position.
- Assist in maintaining and controlling all housekeeping equipment.
- Assist in conducting monthly guest supplies and cleaning supplies inventories.
- Ensure that large guestroom turns are managed efficiently.
- Ensure consistency with departmental opening and closing procedures.
- Carry a radio and or phone at all times.
- Prepare and conduct housekeeping interviews as required and follow hiring procedures according to SOP's.
- Develop associate morale and ensure training of housekeeping personnel.
- Inspect rooms daily, and ensure that some rooms are inspected with supervisors on a daily basis.
- Inspect all VIP rooms prior to arrival.
- Ensure that public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house areas are cleaned up to standards.
- Assist in maintaining required parts of all housekeeping and laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Assist in conducting monthly and quarterly housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
- Ensure guest privacy and security through correctly following procedures.
- Monitor work orders and submit to engineering according to hotel procedures. Follow up on work orders to ensure completion.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings for room attendants and housemen.
- Respond to emergency situations according to hotel procedures.
- Balance and clear room status nightly; compare the p.m. housekeeping report with the PMS room status report and resolve any discrepancies.
- Assist in reviewing housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Assist in preparing employee schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Maintain hotel SOP's regarding purchase orders, vouchering of invoices and check book accounting.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure sign off of all service standards by position competencies for housekeeping staff.
- Operate pagers and radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Manage and organize large turn days (including group check-ins or check-outs).