Hygiene Supervisor/HACCP in charge
This position reports to the Executive chef and is responsible for the management of Food safety and Environmental Health and Safety in the Hotel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities :
- Implementing / maintaining HACCP, Food Safety and Personal Hygiene Standards.
- Writing food safety management system manual and standard food safety procedures as per local and internal guidelines.
- Implementing systems and conducting regular checks to ensure food handlers are adhering to good food and personal hygiene practices, during food preparation.
- Carrying out internal Food Hygiene Audits in all food preparation rooms.
- Managing day to day activities of Food Safety and maintaining Hygiene records, appropriately.
- Monitoring and verifying that food is received, handled, prepared, stored, transported and served always in a satisfactory manner, in accordance with the Food Safety & HACCP Rules & Regulations.
- Conducting supplier audits to approve food suppliers
- Providing awareness training in HACCP for all food handlers as per local authority standards
- Investigating food safety complaints, and reporting to management
- Assessing hazards and conducting risk assessment on health and safety as per local authority standards
- Liaising inspections and statutory requirements from the relevant Government Authorities and External Auditors of food safety.
Key requirements :
- 3-4 years’ experience in a similar position in a 4-5 star environment
- Food hygiene or HACCP diploma
- GCC experience would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of chemical handling in the kitchen
- Excellent communication, leadership and teaching skills
- Flexible and professional
To apply for this job, please e:mail your CV by no later than Saturday 18th February 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider your application as unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the cut-off date of 18th February 2017.