We are currently searching for a passionate, team player, flexible and hospitality experienced Waiter who will be one of us in taking Six Senses Zighy Bay, Oman to a higher level of guest service excellence.
Scope of the Position:
• To provide efficient, courteous and attentive food and beverage service according to the Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas operating standards.
• Being well-versed with the menus, methods of preparation, accompaniments and current guest allergies in order to confidently answer guest’s questions.
• Is committed and is always striving to achieve guest satisfaction.
• Contributes to the morale and team spirit of the resort by maintaining effective relationships with colleagues.
• Ensures that all activities are carried out honestly, ethically, and within the parameters of Omani law.
• Minimum of 1 to 2 years in a similar position in a hotel/resort at a luxury 5 star level.
Qualifications and Language:
• Secondary education completed.
• Good English with the ability to communicate clearly and knowledgably.
• An additional language, especially Euroepan, would be preferred.
• Outgoing, guest-oriented, service-minded, strong physical condition, flexible, and has a passion for self-improvement
Package of Benefits and Entitlements:
• Minimum guaranteed monthly Service Charge of USD$200.00 (USD 350.00 monthly average)
• Hours of work are 45 hours per week, including 30 minutes break in a day, with 2 days off per week.
• 30 days paid annual leave (including off days).
• Other leave: Paternity - 6 days, Maternity - 50 days, Sick Leave – as per Oman Labour Law, Pilgrimage (Hajj) – 15 days, Emergency – 6 days a year, Marriage – 3 days one time during employment and Bereavement – 3 days immediate family and 2 days indirect family.
• Public Holidays as per the published list by the Government of Oman (Normally 13 days per year).
• Joining and end of contract economy air ticket.
• Vacation economy return air ticket to home country after 2 years of service.
• A group medical insurance scheme covering accidents and hospitalization benefits.
• Complimentary trips to Dibba, Oman & Dibba,UAE every day; Dubai, UAE on daily basis except Thursday; and Muscat trip once weekly.
• Semi furnished single room on a shared facilities basis at the resort.
• All meals provided complimentary in the Staff Restaurant.
• Laundry for uniform and 2 pieces of personal clothes per day.
• Upon completion of probation, will be eligible for the Host of the Month and Host of the Year nominations.
• Entitled for end of service Gratuity of 15 days pay for each year of service for the first three years and one month for each of the following years in service. Shall not be payable if the duration of service is less than 1 year.