Guest Services Manager - Butlers - Burj Al Arab
Full job details
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in a world class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 140,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Designed to resemble a billowing sail, the Burj Al Arab soars to a height of 321 metres dominating the Dubai coastline. At night it offers an unforgettable sight surrounded by choreographed colour sculptures of water and fire. This all-suite hotel reflects the finest that the world has to offer.About the Role
An exciting position has arisen for a Guest Services Manager to join the Butlers Team at the Burj Al Arab. The main purpose of this role is to ensure all guest requirements are met and exceeded through high level of management and proactive leadership.
Your key duties will include:
- Recognising all repeat and important guests, and builds rapport in order to develop personal guest contact, obtain preferences and pro-actively anticipate guest needs and requirements.
- Maintaining open line communication and ensures guest complaints and feedbacks are handled effectively and efficiently by supervising team members, delegating responsibilities and liaising with other related departments.
- Leading, motivating and continuously developing the Butler Team in order to maximise colleague productivity, departmental revenue, guest satisfaction and department Colleague Opinion Survey scores.
- Conducting regular quality checks on the floor receptions and butler pantries to ensure standards and consistency are maintained to the highest level at all times.
- Overview the Annual Vacation Plan, Weekly Duty Rosters and special staffing requirements.
- Managing (monitor and assess) the team performance.
- Ensuring that the team adhere to all hotel and company standards, Business conduct and ethics, policies and procedures including Health & Safety policies, Butler's Grooming Standards, punctuality/attendance procedures and Quality standards.
In order to be considered for this role, you will ideally possess a qualification in Hotel Management. It is essential that you have minimum 2 years previous experience as a Team Leader in Butler or Guest Services in a 5 star environment. You must be able to demonstrate good leadership skills and motivate people.
You should have strong command of the English language and it is essential that you are proficient in Arabic language.
You should also be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Property Management System (preferably Opera) and Stores Software (Adaco).